don't laugh

by John Doe 27 Replies latest jw friends

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Check out vegetariantimes.com - lots of great recipes there.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'm vegetarian, in that everything I eat either is a vegetable or has eaten vegetables!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Cantleave: Funny point above!!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Once you get used to it, a vegetarian diet is fairly simple. Just don't do what I started out doing and eat too many refined carbohydrates. Most of the diet should be the green leafy vegetables and fruits, then you add your whole grains, etc. A lot of stir fry is good with lots of vegetables and whole grain rice or rice pilaf. Anyway, there are a lot of options. It also helps to read vegetarian magazines and cookbooks that are simple and teach nutrition also. Good luck. It's worth it.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm not much of a vegetable kind of guy. I'm thinking rice, beans, and portabello mushroom cheddar quesadillas.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"portabello mushroom cheddar quesadillas"

I want to go to there.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Beets, nuts, green veggies, chicken breast, whole grain bread and pasta when available. No red meat. Limited potatoes, salads, carrots.Dark chocolate is ok. And....

10,000 steps per day minimum. I do more than that every day. No soft drinks. Not even diet.

More or less what I do each day. Tomorrow I donate blood - Peach "juice" and a cookie or 2, then a long walk.

• only me
    only me

The Quorn products are very good... a little pricy but worth it. The products are very versatile and can be used in all kinds of recipes.

http://quorn.us/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit