Since You're In The "World" Now What Types Of Friends Do You Have?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I can count on 1 hand the number of true friends that I have right now, all 3 are ex-JW's. One I have known since birth, one I met at the KH when I was 16 and one I met a year ago who has recently left. It's very difficult to try and describe the life of a JW to an outsider so I think that is why my close friendships are with ex-JWs.

• nelly136
    nelly136

real ones that don't depend on meeting attendances or time sheets.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Chickpea:

• crapola
    crapola

I don't have any real friends right now. I have my kids, which I'm closer to now than ever before. But as far as real close friends that visit or to do other things with, I have none. I don't miss it as much as I thought I would though.

• blondie
    blondie

I have been asking people at work who they hang out with.

Mostly family

A few neighbros

An occasional workmate

In general people have only a few (3) really good friends; the rest are occasional associates. Considering that is over 20 to 30 years, it is just the aspect of "friendship."

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

I have to say for the most part I've been fortunate or blessed (depending on your viewpoint)

to have some real good friends throughout my life so far.

It sure helped when I first started having doubts,questions about the JW's, that a few of my friends from the hall

had already started missing meetings and/or were inactive.

We started getting together even more often with the extra free time we had from missing meetings,field service etc.

The last few weekends we've got together and watched the NFL playoff games (an excuse for us to grill-out and have fun)

And its not uncommon to get together and go watch a movie at the cinemas or rent some DVD's and watch at home.

As soon as summer gets here we get together and go to the lake for boating,swimming,camping, etc.

So I would have to say all-in-all they've been terrific friends. I know things can change and don't know what the future

may hold,but so far so good.

But even above and beyond all that, my wife and son have been my best friends and stuck with me through thick and thin,

the good times and not so good times. I don't know what I'd do or where I'd be without them.

• nelly136
    nelly136

quality beats quantity when it comes to friends.

• minimus
    minimus

My teen daughter felt secure with having lots of "friends". Eventually, she realized that if you have even just one good friend, that's a wonderful thing.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I have friends...

of all faiths without judgment between us, only discussion, with an appreciation for our similarities instead of focus on differences.

of both sexes and all sexual tendencies without the constant worry about gossip and misunderstanding.

of all ages.

of different degrees of intimacy, some best friends, some mentors, some aquaintances.

in short, I now have friends. I never realized that 'the friends' were never friends, just wardens of moral conduct.

-Angie

• minimus
    minimus

R G, well put!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit