Since You're In The "World" Now What Types Of Friends Do You Have?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Jehovah's Witnesses are supposed to be the best friends you could ever have. They're supposed to be genuine and loving.

Not that you're out of JW friends, what's it like?

• asilentone
    asilentone

I only hang out with non smokers, Yes I am picky.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I now have friends who are not judgemental, they will help you out on a moments notice, (no excuses) and they are fun to be with because we can say what we want.

LD

• feeling good
    feeling good

I have only a few friends, but they love me for who I am. I am very happy with my life.

• minimus
    minimus

my friends are pretty unconditional.

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

If JWs are so loving and genuine they would not disfellowship. I am not sure if the people in my life now are any better, it is a capitalistic world, but at least they aren't fake. No one will ever have control over me like that again.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My friends I have now are very accepting . They are friends because we basically like being around each other period.

I have been so lucky to have a friend that has a huge circuit of friends ,and they have taken me into their group .

We had some nice witness friends ,but it was always contingent upon so many other factors . I never felt I could just be myself around them .

We always seemed to be on edge with our witness aquaintances worried someone would be stumbled by some minor infraction . One friend was offended if you said "fart' another was offended if I listened to hard rock music around her, someone else judged me unacceptable association because we allowed our boys some type of freedom that they did not . Many would only extend or accept offers to socialize if we had been in service that weekend or made all the meetings that month .

It wasn't FUN it was always STRESSFUL . Now I don't worry about every little thing when we are around our new friends . We actually relax and enjoy our time together .

• minimus
    minimus

I recognize that almost no one is 100% a friend. But many people will "be there" for you without always expecting something in return.

JWs turn their backs on you even if you're still a member but not as "spiritual" as you should be.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

For the first time I have really good male friends (totally platonic). That was so taboo in the orginazation. We go out at night, spend time at each others houses, drink together, take weekend trips together and we do not sleep together - it is so wonderful to finally get to know males without any stigma attached.

Oh, and I do have some great girlfriends - but they are all cougars!

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

I am still "in" but maintain the best friendship, that is ongoing was and is with a friend from school, who i went through university with. He couldn't be any more different from the "friends". For one thing, he's gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.

When I was first waking up to the BS that is being a JW, he was the sounding board, usually over a beer or 3.

Still is probably the best friend you could ask for.

Now as for jw's, the only friends i seem to keep are the ones on the periphery of things - or slightly "out there" and are actually true friends. I've never wasted my time with the shoe shiners

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit