Over half the world population have never heard of Jehovah's Witnesses

by alanv 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

The ratio who have not heard of Jehovah's Witnesses is FAR higher than 50%. I have lived and traveled extensively in the 3rd world, I met very few people outside of major cities who had ever heard of Jehovah's Witnesses. I met NO ONE in Papua New Guinea who had ever heard of them. Same goes for Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan. My brother also travels extensively in the 3rd world. He says the same thing.

As for America goes, anytime I mention Jehovah's Witnesses to people they either act like I just said "Assyrians", in that yes they have heard the term but have no idea what the people might be like, or they say "Oh the cult".

I'm not a Christain, but it seems to me that if the door to door preaching work was a "God directed" work as the WTBTS claims then all those billions of hours spent in the door to door work might at least result in people being educated as to what the Good News that they are supposedly preaching actually is.

• moshe
    moshe

JW's go out of their way to keep a low profile- Usually, the only time the talk about their religion is during the official FS - all the rest of the time they keep quiet- It's embarassing to be a JW today and have to defend JW doctrines, child abuse and medical treatment ideas.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Third world, India, China? The last I heard in the city I live in there are 3 congs. I have lived there almost 2 yrs, and have never seen or heard of any of them in the area. I've asked many of the neighbors who have lived here for 15 - 20 years, no one EVER remembers JW's coming around. Reaching the most remote parts of the earth? They haven't even reached parts of Maryland yet.

• dissed
    dissed

Out at last

We live in a city with 55,000 and 3 english cong.

In 5 years, 2 times being canvassed in door to door. And we are here all the time.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

in the 15 years I divorced my Dub wife and moved , the first place where I lived alone for 7 years I had the Dubs call once the Mormons 5/6 times and this area since 2004 the Dubs have called a big fat zero times, very effective this preaching work ?

• jacquicortez
    jacquicortez

i've been here three years and only once have i seen a JW. They buzzed my bell asked if i spoke spanish and when i said no they walked away.

there is a kingdom hall right down the street. i never see them anywhere. Mormons come by all the time though. I see them every weekend and

a couple of nights during the week riding their bikes etc...I have never met not one person that said "oh yes Jehovah's witnesses yes they

preach about a paradise earth and living forever"

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

lucky them

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Never mind not hearing about JWs, a surprisingly large percentage of the world has never even heard of the BIBLE! I worked in China for just under 6 months, and taught educated professionals who either had vaguely heard of the Bible but knew nothing of it, or simply knew nothing of it at all. This was just 5 years or so ago, in a very developed city in China, which had a pretty high amount of exposure to Westerners. Imagine what it's like in the remotests regions of China...If everyone is supposed to hear the good news before the end, then Armageddon is going to be a long way off....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No wonder they need to string another generation to "a generation". Most of China still hasn't heard of the witlesses--I believe it is banned there. Most of the Muslim countries haven't even heard of Jesus, let alone Jehovah's Witlesses. And Bangladesh, with a population approaching 150 million, has the same 120-something witlesses now that they did in 1991 (so much for their being able to recruit people into the cancer).

I think they are going to need until 2154, if not longer--and by the time they reach these areas, all those in the more developed countries will have gone apostate and will have to start anew. Of course, if President Osama Obama successfully gets the United Dictatorship of America to become third world, the witlesses might have a chance to start new growth during the 2030s and 2040s, because the Internet II will not allow for apostate sites.

• alanv
    alanv

Thanks for all the comments guys. Considering this is meant to be one of the identifying marks of the true religeon, it really shows how inadequate the witnesses are.

You may remember another identifyer was meant to be how the annointed figure goes down every year. Clearly wrong as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit