JAPAN Bethel downsizes with layoffs!

by Alligator Wisdom 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The bigwigs have no inkling of the cultures of people they indoctrinate. They're big on languages but not big on the driving forces behind language: culture. Indeed, JWs aren't supposed to have any culture other than the Dub culture.

• bohm
    bohm

I once read that laying off people in japan was a big problem - there is (was?) a cultural thing where people assume (or assumed?) that once you were employed at a company, and you did not screw up, you could not get fired.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

I know that Mill Hill are laying off long-serving idiots. Maybe it's a worldwide business plan?

• Farkel
    Farkel

It's pretty pathetic that a Worldwide Corporation cannot even afford to house and feed FREE slave labor!

Farkel

• dissed
    dissed

Yes, that's right. Being laid off a job in Japan, that you were doing for free, would bring shame, plus great embarassment to the GB.

"Brother 'we-don't-need-you-no-more'. You must do the honorable thing. Pack your items, leave immediately, and then committ Sepuku."

• Open mind
    Open mind

"Dear 20+ year loyal Bethelite,

Thank you for all your years of loyal service.

You are being reassigned to the office shown below.

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/juice/assets_c/2008/12/box-house-thumb-400x300.jpg

om

• JWoods
    JWoods

Did I read the first post correctly - they had 550+ members at the Japan Branch?

What in the world would they need this many for?

• linp24
    linp24

watson ....yes they need to hear about it.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

JWoods said : Did I read the first post correctly - they had 550+ members at the Japan Branch? What in the world would they need this many for?

The Japan branch at Ebina covers most of Southeast Asia in terms of printing and translating. They also cover this specific zone in the service department in the sense that that often send brothers and sisters from local Japanese congregations or from Bethel itself to these lands (i.e. Malaysia, Nepal, Indonesia) under missionary status.

As you can guess, I live in Japan. I've been to Ebina several times and know dozens of Japanese Bethelites. Over the years I can see how they are now "worker" heavy in terms of liability and expense.

bohmsaid : I once read that laying off people in japan was a big problem - there is (was?) a cultural thing where people assume (or assumed?) that once you were employed at a company, and you did not screw up, you could not get fired.

So true. Lifetime employment had always been part of the cultural norm in this country. Not any longer.......even if you are volunteering.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• metatron
    metatron

Farkel has made a profound point about these heartless layoffs by the Watchtower Society: they're almost slaves as it is, their labor is nearly free and the Watchtower STILL CAN'T AFFORD TO KEEP THEM !

Meditate on his point deeply. How many companies would layoff workers who cost them almost nothing?

I say they are in deep trouble.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit