Let's get the emblem partaker up to 12,000 this year

by semelcred 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• highdose
    highdose

blondie, why don't they count ones who have lost people recently in death? i don't understand?

• blondie
    blondie

Because they feel they are emotionally charged to want to go to heaven; especially people who were never raised jws. It is the old belief kicking in about going to heaven supposedly. Now don't consider this a general rule in all congregations, just the ones I attended.

• teel
    teel

I remember this was mentioned in a publication, but can't find it now - am I mistaking? Not as a rule, but as an explanation why the numbers are not decreasing, because some are under high psychological pressure, because of the death of a close relative, or newly baptized are mislead by former convictions that everyone goes to heaven.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I will be definitely doing it this year, can someone post the date ?

and a warm welcome to another former London Bethel Lad

• teel
    teel

Tuesday, March 30. It's in the calendar, if you have one nearby.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

thank you Teel, will you partake?

• teel
    teel

No way, I'm not even going near them. It would be an interresting tale to hear though how they would react were someone from here started to partake.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I've not been to a K/H for 18 years (times flies it's almost frightening) and I have 2 halls very close to my place, I moved about 5 miles from my old cong. Should be a laugh I'm looking for the reaction!

• teel
    teel

I remember a long time ago I saw an episode of Sex and the city (don't ask me why I was watching a feminist show as a male JW, I don't know either ), where Jessica Parker's boyfriend (Mr. Big I think) told Jessica to go get the newspaper from the neighbour's door. He won't do it, because it's stealing, and God will punish him, but Jessica is a non believer anyway, so it's ok to send her, she's going to hell anyway.

My point is that while my morales tell me it's wrong to mess with other people's rituals no matter how misguided they might be, I eagerly await you going to mess with them and telling us about it I'm bit of a hypocrit I guess.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

BRING IT ON! Teel are you from the USA?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit