How long will the WT Org. help the Haitians?

by moshe 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

They have 16,000 JW's in Haiti who are now mostly desititute and will be for a long time. How long will the WT hand out free food, clothes, shoes and pay for their medical care? Or will they just tell them to go to caesar for medical care? Obviously, the WT does not have the ability to send a medical mission team to help. Will the WT pay to rebuild the homes or pay rent of thousands of homeless JW's? What will the JW's do when the non-JW's find out that the KH is passing out free food and they get in line ahead of JW's for the handouts? I see plenty of problems for JW's and for the WT Org's image from this disaster. What do you think will happen?

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

When they repaired homes after Katrina, they required that the

Witnesses forward the issurance claim and check to the WTBS

when it was paid.

Sour Grapes

• carla
    carla

Don't they usually tell needy jw's to go to Caesar first?

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

With the billions the Org make they can certainly afford to help their own in Haiti, but the sad reality is that they will probably only make a token effort.

In the future there will be a watchtower about the help they have given with lots of JW propaganda stories and photos.

Long term the JW Haitian's will still be poor and many of them homeless.

• moshe
    moshe

If they paid $1000/ person in aid for one year that comes to-16,000x1000=16 million dollars This is a drop in the bucket for the WT society, unless they are worse off than we realize. However, it might set a bad precedent for the WT to take on the job of providing long term custodial aid.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just long enough for them to make a big show to people that live there. Once that happens, the witlesses are going on a massive field circus campaign ("You received our help, so you ought to show appreciation by giving all your time for field circus"). They are going to use the situation to gather as many people as possible while they do not have Internet access, so they can spread their own disaster into the region. This should begin pretty soon--I would say by the end of February.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I just read a a report from the Haitian branch stating that 700 food bags have been packed and distributed helping 400 families.

Besides a doctor and an emergency clinic has been set up at the Assembly hall (provided by the neighbouring dominican republic branch)

• moshe
    moshe

Will they treat non-JW's or leave them injured beside the road? Luke 10:25-37

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Moshe, WTS is an evil money-grubbing organization. But people within the evil organization are generally good people. The people will help. Some of your problems listed may come to light because the evil organization asserts itself into the "Brothers first" mentality. But I can imagine that as long as the evil organization can ask U.S. and international members to donate more to the worldwide work because "we are spending so much in Haiti," then some members will continue to help in Haiti.

In short, WTS will make money on this, but will spend a portion of it in Haiti. The members will feel good and many will help Haitians. It will be great PR for WTS and many people will feel good.

I was always hesitant to donate money to charities because of the waste of that money going to bureaucracy. Well, one of the Kings of Bureacracy is WTS.

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

In this case, the Society might see it as throwing good money after bad. Haiti had a barely functional infrastructure as it was. After the earthquake, anything even remotely resembling an infrastructure was wiped out. Who knows how many years it's going to take to get things going in that nation again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit