If The Witnesses Try To Get You Back To Jehovah...How Will You Respond!

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

My first response: "Your organization wants people who will contribute cash. As Bob Dylan said, that ain't me, babe!"

Marina

• smiddy
    smiddy

So you would like me to come back to Jehovah Witnesses to worship the GOD Jehovah , an invention of the Catholics ?

smiddy

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    I never left, my presence is invisible!
  • minimus
    minimus
    JWs live in their own little world. If they are told to be nice to inactive ones, they will follow the direction. If they are told to ignore them, they will obey that directive.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    My answer to the OP: you'll have to convince me your god exists before you can determine whether I'm near to, or far from, him.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    I read the the Bible, have you truthfully looked at that book, study it?
  • lrkr
    lrkr
    They've said it to me. I don't have it in me to break their hearts and tell them that Jehovah- like Zeus- is just a good story. I just smile and say, "I'm fine. Thank you so much for your concern."
  • hybridous
    hybridous
    My response is, and has been...:

'I don't qualify to be a Jehovah's Witness.'

The terms for being a JW include acceptance and propagation of the full range of teachings of the WT society, as they are handed down to the witnesses. If you don't accept each and every last point of every doctrine, no matter how peripheral and arcane, you might as well not accept ANY.

Those are the terms of membership, as set by their leadership. I had no say in it. So when I explain it to family or witness 'friends', I frame it as something 'they' did.

I asked my mother if she preferred that I profess something I didn't believe. I asked what was the value in fooling men...when I couldn't fool Jehovah?

I got silence. They are just people schooled in the art of not thinking.
  • Freesoul
    Freesoul

When my dad invited my to the last international assembly my reply was

I asked if any of the governing body was going to be there because I am afraid of the 7 men in Brooklyn that direct this organisation, because if I don't follow them they can use me family as a weapon against me.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I'm still in for family reasons but my response when that day comes will be:

"The Shashu god?" This would kill them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit