Have these people gotten ruder over the years?

by Soledad 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

a friend of mine on this board received this type of treatment. The truth is that JW's as a whole, look at non JW's or inactive JW's as lying stealing immoral drug users who disco dance. The last one was from the Live Forever book released in the 80's well after disco and bell bottoms had disappeared

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

They go way over the line often, yes. I remember an elder speaking to my dad and brother about my "spiritual state" the DAY my mom died, like that's what they (or I) needed.

• asilentone
    asilentone

ILTSF, what does iltsf stand for? (sorry for highjacking the thread little bit)

• etna
    etna

They are not just rude, soledad, but as jookbeard said they are arrogant and so aloof. If it was me and they treated me like that I would ask them to leave immediately. BASTARDS.

Etna

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

My guess is it's a combination of natural lack of social skills combined with increased hatred for ex-members which drives the increased incidents of rude behavior. As long as we don't tolerate it, I think that sends a strong message.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

And then they go home feeling like they have brought glory to Jehovah by upholding his lofty standards AND have shown true love to you by demonstrating the importance of shunning you so that you may remember the times when you could be included in loving fellowship.

Shame shame shame

oz

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Hope your Mum makes a speedy recovery Soledad. I understand what you're saying - they think they're the only people on Earth entitled to feel anything.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Kind of makes you wonder what the next level of maliciousness, inspired by their hatemongering organization, will be.

villabolo

• Heaven
    Heaven

When you are told that you are "God's Chosen" and then you're instructed to "kick unbelieving ones to the curb"... well, this gives you all the authority you need to elevate yourself above everyone else and treat people with disrespect and disdain.

This is not Win-Win behaviour and it is not principled.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

They sound like an unusually thoughful group of JW's to me. Most that I knew would have been far too busy with field service to visit someone who was sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit