I Am Not Kool-Aid Man. Also in this issue: I Am Not Affiliated With Kool-Aid Man.

by sd-7 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

There has been some confusion over some of my recent posts, posts in which I appeared to be a "JW apologist", defending JW beliefs/scandals/etc. This was merely an act, not intended to cause needless difficulty. I apologize if Kool-Aid Man--the REAL one--or anyone else got offended by it. I was just playing around.

I have spent nearly the past year of my life finding out that the Watchtower Society is definitely not chosen by God to do anything. Of course, being ill-equipped for real life, I naturally made bad decisions and ended up stuck in the WT anyway. So...I feel the pain of most here, minus some of the crap attitudes I occasionally get a dose of on these boards. Not naming names on that.

I am not Kool-Aid Man, not related to Kool-Aid Man or affiliating with him in any way, shape or form. I have had no contact whatsoever with that individual. Sorry for the trouble. I may still use that identity, in which case I shall have to use orange letters (Orange being my favorite flavor of Kool-Aid, since I married in the Borg and obviously, we drink a lot of literal Kool-Aid, too). That being said, hopefully this settles matters. Don't take me or yourselves too seriously. I must apply that advice, as well. Take care.

SD-7

• minimus
    minimus

Why use an identity that would be confusing in the first place?

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear Sd-7, you haven't confused me at all. I've loved your game! You are BRILLIANT!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

sd-7: "posts in which I appeared to be a "JW apologist", defending JW beliefs/scandals/etc. This was merely an act, "

People have had enough of lies and mean jokes. If you are not going to be honest, then why be here?

If anyone wants to "have their leg pulled" they can go to a meeting and listen to "the act".

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, I figured if we were quick enough on the uptake to figure out reality, a name like "Kool-Aid Man II" would probably not cause too much confusion, as the original Kool-Aid Man was known as "Kool-Aid Man", no Roman numerals involved. But that was my mistake. I'll have to create an original name for my cult identity. I did just do an entry explaining the whole issue of the name's origin, but I guess no one read it.

I'm glad someone, goldensky, got what I was doing. Thank you for that. I can't say it was particularly logical or sane, but we're used to that, remember? Figured it might actually make a weird kind of sense. Now I'm being an apologist for myself. (sigh)

SD-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

People have had enough of lies and mean jokes. If you are not going to be honest, then why be here?

The entire system of man is predicated on these very things--lies, mean jokes, and the like. We of all people can hardly be insulated from them, and I've been a victim of them myself. It was hardly a mean joke, as I did not target anyone in particular; I only made the generally infantile statements we've all read before anyway. It was up to the individual to take that seriously or not. Let's face it, most of those thoughts are going through our heads and will do so forever so long as we come to this site anyway. We're here because we can't escape that part of us that was or is one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

If anything, I was, not poking fun at anyone or trying to deceive anyone, but intentionally pointing out the absurd and easy-to-imitate nature of Watchtower-style reasoning. But I'm definitely sorry for causing any problems. How many people here say insensitive things and offer no apology at all? Probably a lot. I'll just admit my errors and move forward.

SD-7

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear Minimus and Cameo-d, I'm so surprised at your irritation. I want to humbly say I don't see any reason for it: Sd-7 made it very clear a few threads ago this was just a game he had started. And I think he is SO good at it! To me it's been really enjoyable to read his posts: there's so much intelligence and humour behind them.

It frustrates me a lot when nice people come across in a distorted way.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Dear Sd-7, you haven't confused me at all. I've loved your game! You are BRILLIANT!

You got that right! I've talked to SD-7 a lot, and he never fails to blow my mind.

I'm hoping you get out of the cult soon, dear heart. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

I thought it was hilarious!

My husband keeps going, "What? What?" everytime I burst out laughing- which has been a lot this last week. I should tell him to sign up!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

It looks like I missed some more fun. (waves at the board)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit