What Haiti has meant to me

by PSacramento 26 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Is it that you don't know or don't want to accept what you know?

I know that God is love, beyong that...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

P Sac,

I think you are on to something, I sense a really effort to be honest with yourself. The paradoxes of belief become evident with such honesty to one self.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Burn's scriptures are 1 Corinthians 3:13 and Luke 8:17, NIV, just in case.

[I know that God is love ...]

Then, just hold to that thought, PSAC.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The paradoxes of belief become evident with such honesty to one self.

All the great truths are paradoxical to the human mind.

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm beginning to think love is a paradox - especially God's love.

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Maybe God is bound by natural logic when it comes to natural things. There are several ways you can define omnipotence.
    Check your PM, PSAC

Thank you my friend, God Bless.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    This explanation also makes much more sence when you look at the amount of 'funky' stuff in the bible. God has tried to give a proper rendering of his thought and ideas (forgive, do unto others..), but various accidents made a lot of stuff from other religions creep into it (the gilgamesh epic--> the ark).

Yes, I am beginning to believe some of that too.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Maybe God just hates poor people?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Can God create a rock so heavy that God can't lift it?

Or a concrete slab?

• Farkel
    Farkel

PSac,

: God Omnipotent? is God ALL powerful? I don't think God is.

You've reached your conclusion using a False Dilemma fallacy. You've assumed only one possibility for why God does nothing in disasters, to wit, he must not be omnipotent.

Being omnipotent is mutually exclusive from acting with that power when humans think God should act with that power.

I'm not asserting God is omnipotent. I'm just pointing out that your conclusion does not necessarily follow from your premise.

The "make a rock so big he cannot lift it" statement falls into the "immovable object is hit by an irresistible force" category. It proves nothing. It's like saying "Can God kill himself?" He can't? Well then, he's not omnipotent. He can? Well then, he's not immortal. These are loaded questions.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit