DOES THE BIBLE really really EXIST?

by Terry 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWoods
    JWoods

For the WTS, there is a double penalty: They believe that the early christian church was already apostacized by about 350 AD or so, and yet accept the standard arbitrary (done by apostates by their definition) bible canon. Of course, it bothered them not at all to create the use of the english name Jehovah all through the NT where it had never existed historically about 1900 years after the fact.

• Terry
    Terry

They believe that the early christian church was already apostacized by about 350 AD or so, and yet accept the standard arbitrary (done by apostates by their definition) bible canon.

You hit the nail on the head with a large hammer.

This is an outrageously important point.

The JW's and the Watchtower have agreed upon the whore of Babylon's opinion as to what is holy!

Sit back and savor that one......

• JWoods
    JWoods

I actually discussed this Canon thing (and the YHWH in the NT thing) with old GB member Schroeder - and got told that Jehovah must have had some hand all through the ages in preserving the bible canon. It was done in preparation for the resurgence of "truth" in the hands of the WTS so that they could restore the divine name to the NT.

Idiocy. Jehovah preserved the canon, but at practically the same time saw to it that Arianism was killed and Athanasius would prevail. Pick and choose what you like, in other words.

But this was the great wise man Schroeder and I was a 21 year old assistant congregation servant in his overseer's class at the time. (1970)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The thought process of the WT is truly baffling.

God preserved the Canon ( I believe the WT uses the protestant one, yes?) through the RCC, yet he didn't preserve his very OWN NAME nor did he preserve any ties to the "FDS" that our buddy Chuck coudl go to for "enlightement", so that poor Chuck had to figure it all out himself.

Baffling.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    The thought process of the WT is truly baffling.

Keep in mind this point: WT doctrine states that Bible knowledge is a secret. Only those in association with the anointed can know what the truth is.

So, in light of that UNIQUE interpreation, it's not that baffling. It's simply one more thing designed to confuse the "wise and intellectual" ones. You know, the ones who are UNdeserving of Jehovah's UNdeserved kindness.

(I think I'm going to vomit.)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think I need a drink !

• donuthole
    donuthole

Lot's of passion in this subject. Suprising that it isn't matched by scholars attempting to prove the authenticity and accuracy of the Illiad, another ancient Greek document we don't have the original of, only having a few hundred copies dated five hundred years after the original.

• sir82
    sir82
    For the WTS, there is a double penalty: They believe that the early christian church was already apostacized by about 350 AD or so, and yet accept the standard arbitrary (done by apostates by their definition) bible canon.

There is an attempted explanation of this somewhere - can't remember if it is in the "All Scriptures Inspired" book or the "Insight" book.

Anyway, the justification goes something like "despite the fact that the church had fallen into apostasy, by divine providence Jehovah caused them to pick just the right books that make up the Bible canon."

Unmentioned there, but apparently he jumped in with a little nudge again when the Protestants dumped a handful of other books in the, what was it, the 16th or 17th century?

• sir82
    sir82
    Suprising that it isn't matched by scholars attempting to prove the authenticity and accuracy of the Illiad, another ancient Greek document we don't have the original of, only having a few hundred copies dated five hundred years after the original.

Not so surprising.

How many millions of Moors died from Crusades thought to be sanctioned by the author of the Iliad?

How many Nazi belt buckes were incribed with "Homer Mit Uns"?

How many heretics were burned at the stake for owning a translation of the Iliad?

How many zealots try to shape US law and policy based on Achilles' words?

• sacdfan
    sacdfan

I'm really confused by this quote by PSacramento:

"Christianity was about a PERSONAL relationship with God, though Jesus.

It was YOU - Jesus - God, period.

This was done via the HS, the Spirit of God that helped the believer understand God's Love.

Organised Religion and the heirachy it created, destroyed that personal realtionship and put the "organization" in the middle and the organizations tool of control was the bible."

How can we have a personal relationship with God through Jesus if we don't know anything about them? Where can I go to find out about God? The only place I know is the Bible. If the Bible isn't God's word, what else is there? I know we can look at creation and all that, but there must be something else. If the Bible isn't true, where does that leave us? I am feeling really bad about this - I don't know what to believe any more. I have tried so hard to get close to God through the Bible - and I've failed miserably. I thought this was my fault, but maybe it isn't all down to my failings if the Bible is a hoax....... sorry to ramble - totally confused!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit