Opportunists Harvesting Organs from Those Injured and Dying in Haiti?

by cameo-d 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I have no doubt this happening in Haiti right now. I think we need to know the organizations who are responsible for these things. Are our donations being used to finance any of these opportunists?

Are people really going there to help, or is their way of 'helping' to offer money for cheap land grabs and to harvest the organs of the injured and dying?

I read a couple of years ago where this was the standard procedure during the "rescue" operation in the Pakistan earthquake of Oct. 2005. Teams went in and promised the injured and dying to give money to their surviving relatives in exchange for them signing a paper to donate their organs. The "comfort" they offered the dying was to sit by their side with their knives and coolers, waiting for them to take their last breath so they could cut out the body parts they needed to harvest.

Gives new meaning to the word "rescue".

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

you're projecting.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I hope this sort of thing isn't happening. Still, I wouldnt be surprised if it was. Let us know if you find out anything about it.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

We've just seen 500,000 people die only a few hundred miles away from our shores. Let's leave the conspiracy nuttery to one side for now.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Just to show that this sort of thing is under-handedly going on and that certain groups are making a business on war and calamities in many ways....

Dec. 23, 2009

Israeli Authorities Admit to Organ Harvesting

...pathologist Dr. Yehuda Hiss admitted he harvested skin, corneas, heart valves and bones from the bodies of dead Palestinians, Israeli soldiers and foreign workers without permission in the 1990s.

“We felt free,” to harvest organs, Hiss said. “Whatever was done was highly informal. No permission was asked from the families.”

When doctors feared their actions would be discovered they would cover up the evidence, oftentimes gluing shut eyes to hide missing corneas, for instance, Hiss said.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/december232009/organs_israel.php

• blondie
    blondie

So what checkable proof is there of this?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

But Dr Tibballs says in practice doctors often take organs from patients who are dying, rather than dead, and clinical guidelines used to determine brain death could not prove irreversible cessation of brain function.

"The question of when is it permissible to retrieve organs is now phrased not in terms of whether death is present or not, but rather 'how dead is enough'," he said.

He argues that the Australian concept of brain death that was defined in 1977 was a "convenient fiction" that had been used to promote the cause of organ donation.

People who sign up to the organ registry in Australia are told that they will be either brain dead or their hearts will have stopped beating before their organs are taken.

But Dr Tibballs says people are often "close to death" rather than actually brain dead.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/10/20/2396360.htm

• Robdar
  • snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

I want her brain!

Sylvia

• Robdar
    Robdar

Cameo-d your source for "Israeli Authorities Admit to Organ Harvesting" is from the Muslim Americans for Palestine. Got anything else besides that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit