Question for JW - Why do you have a "secret" WT edition?

by Albert Einstein 20 Replies latest jw friends

• booby
  • booby
    booby

Or this takes you to the digital download

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QBJrYBNQF

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster
    Or this takes you to the digital download
    http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QBJrYBNQF

Yeah, I posted that on the other thread.

• Borgia
    Borgia

That's why the the public AW/WT and the private WT issue have exactly the same opinions. .....

Cheers

Borgia

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

1) Not secret: Those non-JW attending sundays get a copy. You can dowload it @ jw.org

2) JW's ca't keep anything secret. No publication has been 'protected' as much as ks91 (Elder's handbook), and the thing is all over the internet.

3) The 'two-issues' thing has nothing to do with secrecy, or better serving, or all that bull crap they said: its about COST. They used to print 30 millions of copies of 24 issues a year, and nobody was buying. With the new scheme, they print only 7 or 8 millions of the 'study edition'. That's a reduction of roughly 35% with the consequential savings (less trasnportation, less storage space, etc.)
    It was a corporate decision, not a spiritual one.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Hello, Winstonchurchill! Long time no see!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

All they really did with the "members only" mags was find a way to reduce publication of the mags and make the members feel special by the way they did it. They are saving ink and paper (and money).

The single monthly public WT matches the single public Awake, they place as a set. Most mags sit in the trunk of the JW's or line the birdcage of the "householder." The study articles mags can be printed in way smaller numbers. Since they are now available online for download and print, I would expect the WTS to make it harder to get "extra" member mags and more people will pay to print their own.

• LatinxJW
    LatinxJW

Trust me we know it's not a spritual one

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Hello, Golden!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"He is in the inner rooms"

This scripture will have special significance for a newbie getting the rag for the first time.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit