The Assembly Experiences - Standard Format

by sd-7 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

I'd say that's spot-on, SD-7.

Here's my authentic district convention inverview and, regarding the legitimacy of what is said during interviews, I can confidently say that nothing in this interview was fake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcs0Af8q3VI

• cantleave
    cantleave

all over the above video clip

• leec
    leec

I tried ... but I could not watch that past about halfway through.

And the MC guy's voice just reminds me too much of the MC voice on the Intro track of 3 Feet High & Rising

• agonus
    agonus

I'd love to hear some uplifting experiences about the Bethel layoffs...

• agonus
    agonus

And don't forget, for every moving JW-child-in-peril-from-evil-blood-transfusion-who-miraculously-pulled-through there's a JW who not-so-miraculously, er, died...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard this kind of experiences too often. Usually, they are embellished. In these situations, what the pio-sneer will not tell you is that he is always earning significantly less than before. Which means his Social Security check is going to be quite wimpy when he finally has to retire. Also, I don't see how working two less days is going to help pay for wasting extra gas and automobile wear and tear from the extra field circus.

Good thing I am not pio-sneering. Nor am I going to cut back on secular work just so I can do more field circus. As much of a stagnation trap my secular work is, field circus is much worse.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower
    but I could not watch that past about halfway through

0:33...that's all I could take..never made it to the interview... the "convention" cadence of the speaker about made me hurl...

....Snakes (Rich )

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Am I right, or am I wrong?

You forgot to throw in a disability or long-term health problem

• sd-7
    sd-7

Very true, Ann--this is Standard Format #1, I suppose.

SD-7

• Letts Party
    Letts Party

oh my god!! this made me crack up so hard!!! love it! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit