swearing-foul language

by megaflower 43 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Holly cow, darn, gee golly, suffering succotash.... thats as about as far as I go.

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

I used to curse a bit as a dub, a bit more now I am out and I love, love love dropping the F Bomb during wild monkey style sex.

And the Boondock Saints clip was priceless! Best movie EVER! LOL

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Imagine my surprise and mirth when my 16 year old son,9on visitation) while playing a shoot em up computer game suddenly yells "oh fuck"!!!!!!!!!!

OZ

• wobble
    wobble

I have always Effed and Blinded and like others learned to mostly control it in witness surroundings

I find the word Bugger satisfying to use sometimes, and more often than not ,funny.

But, I do hate the fact that the F word has become ubiquitous , and therefore loses its strength, I also hate to hear it said in public regardless of who it may offend, thoughtless, unfeeling users like that should sod off.

Love

Wobble

• four candles
    four candles

I agree Wobble, I use bugger a lot....and fart....but that's about it. Never use the F word,it just doesn't feel right to me. ......now feckin' and freakin' .....now that's more like it!!!

Feck,drink,arse,girls!!!! Look up Father Ted on you tube for the explanation.

• goldensky
    goldensky

I never ever curse in any language. I look for expressive words, perfectly acceptable but rather original so they will catch people's attention and get my point across very clearly. People who know me will apologize immediately if a rude word slips out of their mouth unintentionally.

SO IMAGINE HOW MUCH I LIKE YOU GUYS TO BE READING YOUR POSTS DAILY!!! Ha, ha!

• fokyc
    fokyc

I remember an elder (Norman Higgins) giving a public talk with a part about crossing the Red Sea;

and they were being followed closely by the Egyptians. Then he suddenly got very excited and said:

"And do you know what Jehovah did?" --- "He drowned the BLOODY lot of them"

He remained an elder for some considerable time after, so it wasn't considered too bad.

fokyc

• Mary
    Mary
    If you no longer consider yourselve a witness do you swear, curse.

I've never swore in my life.

(waits for Mouthy to come on here and tell everyone what a liar I am)

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Thanks for fixing my link, Jamie...f'ing computer...

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-f-word.htm

In ancient England a person could not have sex unless you had consent of the King (unless you were in the Royal Family). When anyone wanted to have a baby, they got consent of the King, the King gave them a placard that they hung on their door while they were having sex. The placard had F.*.*.*. (Fornication Under Consent of the King) on it. Now you know where that came from.

make of it what you will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit