swearing-foul language

by megaflower 43 Replies latest jw friends

• megaflower
    megaflower

WTF- ha that felt good

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

FYI. Swear words, or "curse words" originally came from the phrase"putting a curse on someone". Was once though to some extent to be witchcraft.

Just thought you'd like to know.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Fuck should not be a swear word..... it should be a pleasure........ a nice thing to wish someone

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I'm a GodD*** virtuoso when it comes to swearing.

• crapola
    crapola

Yeah and I'm going to wash your mouth out with soap when I see you again!

• dudeson
    dudeson

Swearing was part of my vocab. since 2nd or 3rd grade. Being a dubbie trained me well at keeping it under control in certain situations.

• dissed
    dissed

Is 'jumping Jehoshafat' a swear word? Because, if its not, then I don't swear.

My momma, a non-JW, would kill us if we sweared, so we didn't. The JW's didn't change that, even though they do swear, but usually in private.

Famous JW swear experiences........

Lyman Swingle of the GB called someone an "SOB"

A long time Pioneer sister came into my store, heard Xmas music over the radio station, and called me an "F-ing Apostate!" for allowing it.

One Elder told me to 'Go F myself' for not having him give our wedding talk.

We had a brother from the state of Maine at Bethel who was always cussing and strongly felt it added color to the language. Working with him in the door work, he replied to a householder who was complaining, "Your sh----ing me!" I fell off the porch laughing.

I don't speak cuss, but I will use it when writing to emphasize a point. My wife thinks I'm a Bloody hypocrite for doing it.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I get a laugh out of dubs who have no problem begging their God to slaughter billions of people who merely disagree with them, but who are highly offended when they hear a four letter word.

Which of the two is more foul and evil?

Farkel

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I was watching Chris Rock the other day and boy doesn't he just add a whole new meaning to words!!!!! side splitting

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I tend to use more moderate expletives--when I was in college, I learned to use dirty words (but not to abuse them by using them all the time). When I became a witless, I was told that it was evil to utter a bad word--even the moderate expletives (moderate expletives are defined as being acceptable to say in public places).

In fact, when I was becoming a witless, numerous songs from the 1970s were lost because they had those words on them. I had the song Kodachrome, which opened "When I think back of all the crap I learned in high school, it's a wonder I can think at all". They made me throw the song for "foul language" for the word "crap". They are also reluctant to even mention the word "damn" (which means the same thing as "darn", but a little stronger). The word "hell" was also looked at as bad, except to expose the hellfire doctrine.

These days, I will use the more moderate expletives, but I avoid using strong language where children might hear it. Also, I will edit strong expletives on forums where they are not supposed to be used, because people expect not to find them on a forum where one of the guidelines to avoid is
    "Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit