If we are a product of evolution why the need of specific elements in nature?

by cyberjesus 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thank you.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

God spoke: "Earth, green up! Grow all varieties
    of seed-bearing plants,
    Every sort of fruit-bearing tree."
    And there it was.
    Earth produced green seed-bearing plants,
    all varieties,
    And fruit-bearing trees of all sorts.
    God saw that it was good. MSG

This is so less complicated!

I believe Genesis is true also, Snowbird, but a thing can be explained in different ways. We explain things to children differently than we explain them to adults. I think that Genesis was written in a way that was appropriate for the people of that time and place. I'm not trying to convince you, I know you see it in a different way, I am just saying that the two (what we have learned about the physical Universe and what we believe as Christians) don't necessarily have to contradict.

BTS

• TD
    TD

I don't entirely discount the existence of God, but this is not without a few complications of its own if read sequentially and literally:

"Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit