If we are a product of evolution why the need of specific elements in nature?

by cyberjesus 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

This cake is SOOOO yummy. Why is it sooooo yummy??

That's because it is just the way the baker baked it.

Satisfied?

HB

• sir82
    sir82
    This is so less complicated!

Well it uses fewer words anyway. It doesn't require any thought, nor even much intelligence, to understand it.

But it doesn't really answer the question, does it? It just moves the answer one step further away.

And it a priori assumes that God even exists. Which is of course a topic for a whole 'nother thread.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Says me, and any with intellectual curiosity and honest common sense.

I thought so.

Therein lies the problem.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    It doesn't require any thought, nor even much intelligence, to understand it.

That's the beauty of it; even babes can understand that.

Sylvia

• Gerard
    Gerard
    This [Genesis] is so less complicated! Sylvia

You want easy or you want truth/accuracy? An imaginary story will never be 'evidence' nor a serious explanation.

By the way, Sylvia, please get your terms straight: the "origin of life" is a totally different concept from evolution: AFTER the origin of life, came evolution, which is the change in the genetic material of a population of organisms through successive generations.

Evolution is a real, explained, observable and measurable fact of life.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    By the way, Sylvia, please get your terms straight: the "origin of life" is a totally different concept from evolution: AFTER the origin of life, came evolution, which is the change in the genetic material of a population of organisms through successive generations

Got it and you!

The Origin of Life was issuing commands - which commands may have been executed by evolution.

I think we're on the same page.

Sylvia

• cofty
    cofty

Sylvia - I'm new around here, please tell me your being sarcastic? Surely "goddidit" is just a caricature of a special kind of willful ignorance?

If there is a god then science is the study of stuff god did, why are you not even more excited by biology and physics than I am?

• Gerard
    Gerard

The Origin of Life was issuing commands - which commands may have been executed by evolution.

I think we're on the same page.

Sylvia

Blending scientific facts (evolution) to an imaginary story (Biblic Genesis) will NEVER make Genesis true.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, Cofty.

Thanks for answering my question re crofter.

No, I'm not being sarcastic. I really do believe the Genesis account of creation.

What makes you think I'm not excited about biology and physics?

What chaps my hide is the hubristic way some completely discount the Creator!

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Either something is true or false, Gerard.

I believe the Genesis account is true.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit