From Jon, My Brother

by AllTimeJeff 37 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Thanks Dinah. Jon and I would both be happy that Alabama beat Florida Tim (Christ) Tebow.... I can't say Jon and I weren't rooting for Texas though.... ;) Hope all is well with you!

• Adrianoblue
    Adrianoblue

i feel very sad

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Adrianoblue

My brother's story is sad. I had a nice phone call with a former JW who we both grew up with after I wrote that.... Shared some memories.

At the end of the day, my brother would have only wanted the best for us all, and that is for sure. His tale is a cautionary one, and I am pleased to share it. It helps me, and I know it helps others.

I hope you aren't too sad from this story to understand the purpose of me posting about my brother. I miss him. But that is why we all must live purposefully if we can do so at all.

I hope you feel better.

• Adrianoblue
    Adrianoblue

jeff, thank you for your comforting words.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Thank you Jeff for sharing the very personal and touching story.

In memory of your brother Jon I have a few e-mails to send.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Amen Jeff.

These have to be three of my favourite verses in the bible.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (New International Version)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Blessings,

Stephen

• changeling
    changeling

That was heartbreaking, yet beautiful.

• Open mind
    Open mind

"There but for the grace of God blind chance, go I."

Thanks for sharing this Jeff. My long-time DFed, gay brother could easily have gone the same way as Jon. For the first year after being DFed he still thought it was "The Truth". What a torture this f*cked up cult and me and the rest of my JW drone family put him through.

If you ever get out to the West Coast, drop me a PM, and maybe we can all get together.

Much of Jon's forgiving, loving spirit is reflected in my brother.

Peace and healing to you Jeff.

Thanks again,

om

• choosing life
    choosing life

Love conquers all.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

ATJ,

That was a wonderful posting. That opened up a lot of memories for me personally as well.

I had 2 friends who took their own life when I was much younger, and I always wondered why.

Well, like Jon, I truly believe they were homosexual.

The situation you described has so much in common with their stories.My heart breaks when I think of the angst that Jon and others have struggled through.

The biggest eye-opener for me was when I was a teenage kid and found out a "worldly relative" was homosexual. How would I react when I met them? What would they be like?

Well, we hit it off instantly. My relative would give you anything - a kind, loving, and generous person.

We have been close since the day we met, and since that day, I have never view homosexuals through the eyes of WT dogma.

It really pisses me off that the WT chose "Love Never Fails" as part of the year text, since their version of love is so twisted and defiled.

TRUE LOVE never fails........thanks again for such a touching story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit