Would You Have Remained A Witness If They Weren't Sooo Strict?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

You seldom if ever hear of anyone leaving their religion. They may never go to a service but they may never leave either.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

No, I left because the world didnt end in 75.

I never choose to be a witness my mother forced it on me. And i couldnt figure out

how to escape until I was 31.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Since when did lack of rules and strictness become a substitute for truth and happiness?

What would even be the use in hanging out with a bunch of people who fantacize about pet lions and can only talk about what the next life will be like in stead of appreciating the one they have now?

I would think most people could find something more satisfying and constructive to do with their time.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If they weren't so strict (i.e. shunning) I would probably be extracting myself from them more quickly in fact. I think this is probably true for many.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Slimboy, I agree. It wasn't the strictness that made me leave but its the strictness that keeps me gone.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

No. They don't live in the present but in fear.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

no-even though they have some bible truth-they are seriously wrong on much and falsely claim they are gods people.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I didn't mind the strictness, I minded that the strictness was based on lies..they were strict over things that they taught, not the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit