lol at agonus' description of WT/GB Q & A's.
Q: Is the Governing Body Really the Faithful Slave?
A: A resounding NO! (A little WT-speak thrown in for good measure, lol).
Simple "In Your Face" Facts the WT doesn't want the JW to figure out :
1. Q: All OT Kingdom promises and prophecies were spoken to whom? A: ISRAEL. Plain as day. (Read them ALL in CONTEXT. It will become so obvious you will wonder how you ever missed it).
2. Q: Everything Jesus said or prophesied during his earthly ministry was spoken to whom? A: ISRAEL . Plain as day. He said so Himself (Matthew 10:5; 15:24; Rom. 15:8):
- "These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: " Do not go in the way of the Gentiles , and do not enter any city of the Samaritans, but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel . "
- and the Lord said of Himself, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. "
- and Paul said, "Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers..."
3. Hence, that includes the Lord's parable at Matthew 24:45-51 re: the FDS. He was speaking TO ISRAEL . It was ALWAYS God's plan for Israel (not WT!) to be a "light unto the Gentiles" (Isa. 42:6; 49:6; 60:3).
4. The wicked slave were the religious leaders/teachers of Israel who should have known Messiah was due to arrive & should have been dispensing the messianic prophecies/food at the proper time. But they had not. They were already beating up their fellow slaves with "heavy burdens" back then.
5. BUT! Jesus had not died yet, so would the religious leaders grab the ball and run with it and act like a faithful steward from that time forward? (No, they dropped the ball).
6. So, after Israel (nationally) rejected their Messiah, the RISEN Lord commissioned Paul to go to the Gentiles (Acts 13:47, read the whole chapter to get the context. Paul is quoting Isa. 42:6; 49:6 there. He and Barnabas became the "light unto the Gentiles" at the beginning of the age of Grace. See also Gal. 2:7-9; Acts 9:15; Rom. 1:5; Col. 1:27)
7. When the Body of Christ (gathered throughout the age of the "Gospel of the Grace of God" -Acts 20:24) is "harpazo'd" outta here to "meet the Lord in the air" (1 Thess. 4:16-18), Israel will again have opportunity to be a faithful steward during the Tribulation via the 144,000 Jewish evangelizers in Revelation 7 (read it for what it says, not thru WT lense!) That faithful steward (144,000) will give food at the proper time to "whosoever will" of the remaining Jews, and Gentiles. If they accept salvation, they will enter into the Millenial earthly Kingdom at the end of the Tribulation.
Here's a 3-page .pdf commentary on the FDS/ Matthew 24:45-51:http://www.pre-trib.org/data/pdf/Ice-(Part36)AnInterpreta.pdf
Fascinating Side Note/Quote by Miles J. Stanford (this ties in to Israel being a "light unto the Gentiles"): http://withchrist.org/mjs/earlrad.htm
...the common means of salvation, grace through faith , produces very uncommon salvations, clearly distinct from each other.
1. The Church [Body of Christ] , i.e., her members in particular, are saved by grace through faith . Church s alvation is heavenly and totally incomparable . "[God] hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. That in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus" (Eph. 2:6,7). Members of His Body are in Him, and He in them. They are recreated (not just regenerated for the earthly kingdom , Matthew 19:28) in Him, partakers of His human-divine Life; of His flesh and bones, one spirit and co-heirs with Him ; and soon to have glorified bodies like unto His glorious body-- totally conformed to His image .
2. The nation of Israel will be saved by grace through sight (Rom. 11:26; Zech. 12:10; Rev. 1:7). But they also will be outside of Christ and His Rapture-completed Body, subject to the King and His Bride, the glorified Church .
3. The Gentile nations will have salvation by grace through faith , and will inhabit the earthly kingdom during the Millennium and throughout Eternity. But the salvation of these Gentile people, subject to and servants of Israel , will not be on a comparable level with Israel’s salvation. [...] -------------------------- Has any JW ever learned these things from the WT? Hardly. No Faithful Steward to be found there. -------------------------- To JWs who may not realize it, the opportunity to be a member of the Body of Christ - the heaven-bound "mystery" (sacred secret/NWT) hidden from the founding of the world until the RISEN Lord revealed it to Paul post-crucifixion -- is OPEN TO ALL WHO PUT FAITH IN CHRIST, his death, burial, resurrection as payment for their sins (1 Cor. 15:1-4). Don't let the WT ROB YOU of the HEAVENLY "BLESSED HOPE" (which is available to all Jews and Gentiles during the current, still-ongoing administration of Grace). All who choose to reject this free gift will be left to deal with the "Ride" of the Luciferian Globalists' "Four Horsemen" led by their False Messiah on the white horse (Rev. 6). (Don't blame God for the plans of evil men!) (Rev. Chapters):
- 7. Shortly thereafter, the 144,000 Jews are commissioned to begin their evangelism work during the seven year Tribulation (Rev 7).
- 11. A few chapters later, the 144,000 get some help from the "two witnesses" (Moses and Elijah, read what they do Rev 11:6) who will witness from Jerusalem.
- 12. Next the Devil and his angels are cast down to heaven, now the fun really begins. He first tries to wipe out the remnant of Israel, but they flee to the wilderness (Petra?) where they stay for the rest of the Trib.
- 13. Next the False Christ now has the entire world in his grasp, shows his true colors (no more Mr. Nice Guy), blasphemes God, is wounded, killed, but lived. (Satan's imitation of Christ's resurrection, so all the world will marvel).
- 13. Then the False Prophet comes on the scene, performing signs and wonders, causes all to worship the image of the first beast/false christ. This false prophet now causes all to receive a "religious" (read occult) branding mark (Hexagram/Star of Remphan-Acts 7:42-43; Amos 5:26-27) as part of the Luciferian Initiation (Black Mass). The people worship the dragon who gave the beast its power.
- 14. Next the angel flies in midheaven, giving yet another witness to whosoever will listen... Anyone who dies IN THE LORD from this point forward, their works go right with them.
- 15. It's at this mid-point of the Trib, after the blaspheming and occult initiation, that the plagues begin. Now this IS God's doing! Will men repent? " ... and repented not of their deeds."
- 16. Now the three unclean spirits like frogs, which come out of the mouth of the satanic trinity, ie, the dragon/devil, his false prophet, and his false christ/political beast. The frogs are LIES/the spirit of devils which persuade (through signs and wonders) the kings and the nations to gather together to war against God Himself. (How foolish to think they can fight and win against God Himself! Truly the Strongest of Delusions!)
- 17. The 10 kings of the 10 world regional superstates, give their power to the beast for one hour.
- 17.-18. That great city, Mystery Babylon - Babylon the Great is burned with fire.
- 19. The marriage supper of the Lamb is come. The bride is ready. The TRUE LORD CHRIST now rides HIS white horse out of heaven with the saints following him. He has MANY CROWNS (vs. the rider of the white horse in Rev. 6 who only had 1 crown). The angel calls the birds to come get ready for the carnage, as the kings of the earth and their armies are now all gathered together to battle against the Lord of Lords. He throws the false prophet, and the false political messiah into the lake of fire. Everyone else on that battlefield he smites with the words of His mouth, and the birds get to clean house.
- 20. The angel chains the devil and throws him into the bottomless pit. The various resurrections and judgments of the dead are described.
- 21. New Heavens, New Earth, New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven, God tabernacles with mankind. Notice verse 24, "the nations that are saved shall walk in the light of it."
- 22. River of water of life, tree of life. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. Behold I come quickly, and my reward is with me...
--------------------- Amen, Come Lord Jesus! (Why settle for the latter/enduring the Trib, when you can have the former/heavenly life?)