On the move to real Kingdom truths!!

by trustsinJah 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• trustsinJah
    trustsinJah

My Fellow Brothers and Sisters!

I feel compelled out of gratitude and love to write this little tale, not because I have lost my faith, but because i realize I am not alone, and as Heb 10: 24, 25 states: And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as YOU behold the day drawing near.

I have never felt nor would I ever think that that scripture applied solely to meeting atendance. The form of true christian love displayed by many here on this board affirms my faith in Jehovah and lets me know I am not alone!

I also want to clarify that my family life is in full jeopardy with my wife and children, but I cannot and will not subscribe to what men running a corporate conglomorate who by their printed page invalidate the value of the most sacred Ransom sacrifice!! So I write this as a form of therapy for sure, but also to encourage any, and I know there are alot like me because I talk to them every day, to trust in Jehovah God, to know that while there is no excuse for deliberate sin, certainly when we faulter, Jesus will be there to Let Jehovah know we are good enough, and we are all thankful for this arrangement.

I was around witnesses my entire life but neither my Father, nor my Mother are in the truth as both were DF'ed when I was a child. But their families are all in the truth, and so I have known about it my entire life. And I will not lie. I am entirely grateful that Jehovah used this organization to bring to light simple bible truths. But it is these thruths that are also used and exploited to make one feel gratitude and compels you to stay within the concept of unity and "theocracy". So at the age of 16, I was baptized, fully knowing in my heart I was serving Jehovah, but honestly not knowing the magnitude or the true serioussness of giving ones life as our model and exemplar Jesus Christ did to our Great God! At the time my father was not DF'ed and so I moved in with him shortly after I was Baptized and witin a few months he as well was DF'ed.

Now while I was sad, it didn't change my position, but I did notice something very odd. I was a member of the christian congregation, yet no peers my age were allowed to associate with me, should I pass on my Dad's "Bad influence" seeing as I would be in their opinions. (Many Elders spoke to me about their concern and very rarely were my siblings or I invited anywhere!) Thankfully the congregations were changed around and there was an extremely wise Elder who in front of a few of those Elders who moved with us after the changes, stated they were not showing proper chrisitan love. His son and I are excellent friends down to this day! However over the next 2 years I was not associating with JW's as I was labled bad association and made a life changing decision.

I had committed loose conduct with a girl and was not sure what to do. After praying to Jehovah intensely I made the decision to tell the Elders. My dad at this point was extremely opposed (Believe me his story is one you want to know) and told me to never come home if I told the elders. At that point I wept bitterly but felt I was choosing Jehovah and moved out. From that point on I did not see me Dad for another year.

I grew never "maturing" in the congregation as the example of the Bereans permeated my being and prevented me from ever being appointed. I tested everything and had a Brother once comment I test too much. But I could never blindly agree. Why? As I told the brother, those men are imperfect and will make mistakes. They have to. They are imprefect. While they did not like this they could find no fault in this. I met my beautiful wife and we married and over the last 15 years we have grown as a family, but I have never progressed spiritually in the congregation. I cut ties with my Father for 10 of those 15 years as again I felt I was upholding Jehovah's standards. But I am an avid Bible reader and I study the scriptures. And the Disfellowshipping standard always bothered me as the example employed by the WTBTS has been from Corinthians. But that man was a braggart who purposely flaunted his disgraceful relationship. (I know you all know this, like I said this is a little therapy). I came to realize that Paul was speaking of a wicked man. Anyways the crux of my tale...

I have had specific issues over the last 4 years with teachings that contains rules of men and lack in Love, Mercy, Humility... Qualities essential to being blessed by Jehovah! Specifically?

Watchtower 2008, 5/15 pg 27, Article: Pursue “HolinessinGod’sFear”

Now What ever any of us do is between Jehovah and yourself. What floored me was the arrogant assumption shown by the writer and thus the GB:

Although the term “masturbation” does not occur in the Bible, can there be any doubt that it is a mentally and emotionally defiling practice? Would not continued defilement of this sort seriously damage one’s personal relationship with Jehovah and make one unclean in God’s sight?

I was outraged!! 99% of the male population on the earth does this! Chances are 90%+ of the publishers do this. Now I know that may seem weird to say but here is the problem I have. Doing this act at anytime Seriously Damages anyones relationship with Jehovah?!?! What's more how would a young 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, heck even 18 or 19 year feel. All those years you have been damaging your relationship to Jehovah God!! The Ransom is useless because anyone who did this has damaged their relationship beyond repair it seemed. And as the year progressed I continued to see that more and more these men are looking for Perfection. But this is important as I will let you all understand.

Now the paragraph that changed my life! Keep Yourselves in God's Love book, Chp 14 Be Honest in all Things

“If any man seems to himself to be a formal worshiper and yet does not bridle his tongue, but goes on deceiving his own heart, this man’s form of worship is futile.” (James 1:26) If we were to reason that we could misuse our tongue and still worship Jehovah acceptably, we would succeed only in deceiving our own heart. Our worship of Jehovah would be futile, an utter waste. What can keep us from such a sad course?

First off that scripture is not talking about a deceptive tongue, but one that is loose, or murmuring or spreading rumours. It could also apply to one who does not know when to be silent. Either way the scripture was for the umpteenth time misapplied. But I highlighted the one passage specifically because no one can tell me or anyone their relationship and worship of Jehovah God is Futile or an utter waste. Only Jesus can do so to Jehovah.

Now why was this significant? My oldest child called me while I was on the road and confessed that he had succumbed to "self indulgence". He was devastated as he explained to me, his worship to Jehovah was futile, he damaged his relationship! He was quoting these two paragraphs very specifically. I cried with him and let him know it was not the case. I assured him the Ransom was there to cover these episodes.

Needless to say I was done. I prayed to Jehovah and let him know I could no longer hear his name and reputation slandered in such a way. I have rekindled my relationship with my real father as well as he is not a wicked man! He does love Jehovah, but he like others fell to Elders who were on a witchhunt, one specifically because his wife found him attractive, so that was enough to DF him. Of course the best part was in the meeting the DO, not the CO but the DO was brought in and asked my father, holding and shaking a WT, if my Dad believed in "this"? My Dad's response? He calmly picked up his bible and said, "Brothers, do you believe in this?"

Sadly my wife has threatened to leave me over this. It is something I have to deal with, so I may still go to the odd meeting once and a while for my family and sons sakes, but certainly as the family head our study of the Bible will be of just that!!

This is a late night quick synopsis as there is so much more, but I had to atleast get this down and shared with others. Why? I do not believe these men are evil as so many portray them. But when the Ransom sacrifice, the basis for any relationship with Jehovah God and his King Jesus, is meaningless unless we attempt perfection, we become like all organized religion. And that is what baylon the great truly is... Not just False religion but All organized religion!!

For those who read this, I know it is nothing new, but for those who can see it for what it is, get out of her!! Time preaching is not a demonstration of faith! Faith is demonstrated by the works of our lives like Jesus said and the apostle Paul admonshed at James 1: 27: The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.

Never forget this scripture as it is the true basis with Jesus Sermon that shows what a true christian should do!

Thanks and I look forward to posting more and more!!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board! Thank you for telling us your story.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Seek professional help before it's too late. Learn from me!!! Save yourself and your family!!!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello TIJ and welcome!

I have never felt nor would I ever think that that scripture applied solely to meeting atendance. The form of true christian love displayed by many here on this board affirms my faith in Jehovah and lets me know I am not alone!

Indeed, Christ is present, there are several of us that come here in His name.

Matthew 18:20 (English Standard Version)

20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them."

I also want to clarify that my family life is in full jeopardy with my wife and children, but I cannot and will not subscribe to what men running a corporate conglomorate who by their printed page invalidate the value of the most sacred Ransom sacrifice!!

Agreed, they profane His sacrifice every day and especially at their "memorial"

Hebrews 10:29 (English Standard Version)

29 How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has spurned the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace?

So I write this as a form of therapy for sure, but also to encourage any, and I know there are alot like me because I talk to them every day, to trust in Jehovah God, to know that while there is no excuse for deliberate sin, certainly when we faulter, Jesus will be there to Let Jehovah know we are good enough, and we are all thankful for this arrangement.

The bible is clear, there is no-one who is "good enough", only belief in Jesus saves

Romans 3:22-24 (English Standard Version)

22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus

Ephesians 2:8-9 (English Standard Version)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

I cut ties with my Father for 10 of those 15 years as again I felt I was upholding Jehovah's standards.

Forgive me in advance but that is pure WT speak. No-one can make the grade, God is Holy and men are sinful. See here how Isaiah puts it

Isaiah 64:6 (English Standard Version)

6 We have all become like one who is unclean,
    and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment.
    We all fade like a leaf,
    and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

But I am an avid Bible reader and I study the scriptures. And the Disfellowshipping standard always bothered me as the example employed by the WTBTS has been from Corinthians. But that man was a braggart who purposely flaunted his disgraceful relationship. (I know you all know this, like I said this is a little therapy). I came to realize that Paul was speaking of a wicked man. Anyways the crux of my tale...

Indeed. The man was sleeping with his mother in law 1 Corinthians 5 Anyhow, the WT have done you a favour by disfellowshipping you. They preach themselves as the saviour, not Christ

John 5:39-42 (English Standard Version)

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. 41 I do not receive glory from people. 42 But I know that you do not have the love of God within you.

As many have come to see clearly, the WT do not have the love of God within them.

I have had specific issues over the last 4 years with teachings that contains rules of men and lack in Love, Mercy, Humility... Qualities essential to being blessed by Jehovah! Specifically?

Watchtower 2008, 5/15 pg 27, Article: Pursue “HolinessinGod’sFear”

Now What ever any of us do is between Jehovah and yourself. What floored me was the arrogant assumption shown by the writer and thus the GB:

Although the term “masturbation” does not occur in the Bible, can there be any doubt that it is a mentally and emotionally defiling practice? Would not continued defilement of this sort seriously damage one’s personal relationship with Jehovah and make one unclean in God’s sight?

I was outraged!! 99% of the male population on the earth does this! Chances are 90%+ of the publishers do this. Now I know that may seem weird to say but here is the problem I have. Doing this act at anytime Seriously Damages anyones relationship with Jehovah?!?! What's more how would a young 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, heck even 18 or 19 year feel. All those years you have been damaging your relationship to Jehovah God!! The Ransom is useless because anyone who did this has damaged their relationship beyond repair it seemed. And as the year progressed I continued to see that more and more these men are looking for Perfection. But this is important as I will let you all understand.

The WT number one tactic is to keep their JW slaves locked up within its walls is guilt and fear.

Most people have sinned before any self gratification Matthew 5:28

Sadly my wife has threatened to leave me over this. It is something I have to deal with, so I may still go to the odd meeting once and a while for my family and sons sakes, but certainly as the family head our study of the Bible will be of just that!!

John 10:10 (English Standard Version)

10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

Is that river of life actually flowing out of the WT or just wasted life, dead martyrs due to an ungoldy "no blood" ruling, and an endless stream of destroyed marriages?

This is a late night quick synopsis as there is so much more, but I had to atleast get this down and shared with others. Why? I do not believe these men are evil as so many portray them. But when the Ransom sacrifice, the basis for any relationship with Jehovah God and his King Jesus, is meaningless unless we attempt perfection, we become like all organized religion. And that is what baylon the great truly is... Not just False religion but All organized religion!!

For those who read this, I know it is nothing new, but for those who can see it for what it is, get out of her!! Time preaching is not a demonstration of faith! Faith is demonstrated by the works of our lives like Jesus said and the apostle Paul admonshed at James 1: 27: The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world.

Agreed.

James 2:26 (English Standard Version)

26For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

All the door knocking in the world won't save a single JW, only faith in Jesus.

JWs do not believe Jesus is God with us Matthew 1:23, by very nature God Philippians 2, the name to be call on for salvation Acts 2, Romans 10, was resurrected bodily Luke 24:39, 1 Corinthians 15, is without beginning or end Revelation 1:7-9, Revelation 22:12-14 etc.

Blessings,

Stephen

• cantleave
    cantleave

trustinjah, Welcome to the board,

Please be a real berean do some research in to the history of the organisation, ask yourself if the organisation was, in 1919, really acting in a way to be appointed by Jesus to look after his possessions on Earth. What do you know about Rutherford, his lifestyle and the way he took leadership of the bible students? Have you ever read Ray Franz' book "Crisis of Conscience" it will show you how organisational decision are made.

I was a very active and devoted witnesses serving as an elder until a few months ago. I have not committed any sins, and am still in theory in good standing in the congregation, but I have found the truth about the "truth" it has turned my life upside down, but I am recovering and am really happy, not for me, but for my kids, who don't have to grow up with the guilt switch permanently in the "on" position.

Best wishes for your search for truth.

• nugget
    nugget

It is always difficult to discover that the organisation is flawed and that it is in the end a book publishing company. After all Penguin books does not tell me how to live my life and is happy for me to read material from other publishing houses.

You did what the Bible tells you to do and you looked into what you were taught. You can do no more. Your wife is going through shock and fear. I went through the same thing when my husband confessed he was having doubts. He was an elder at the time and I was in full panic mode for a while. It may pass I know it did with me. If her family is in the organisation she may be fearing the worst.

Thank you for sharing.

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

Welcome,

You will find many actual truths here and not all are negative about God here. There are a few, but as adults, we can discern and ignore as we see fit. I lost my wife over my fade, but if you knew her, it was worth it. I hope your situation is not similar, but it is hard to look in the mirror while living a lie. For the record, my wife was very contentious, it was when I saw that my word meant nothing to the local elder body because my 10-12 hours/month and being a MS were not equal to her 18-25/hrs month so she was more believable that I knew this was a congregation tolerating that woman Jezebel. I came to find this attitude and the proud attitude of the scribes and Pharasees was throughout the org.

I hope you find peace and understanding Brother

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Sexuality is a gift of humanity -- above that of animals we uniquely have the cognitive abilities to understand, discuss, modify and appreciate beyond the realm of the urges of nature. JWs seek to directly oppose nature -- the same nature that they posit that god created. They would hide behind the idea of imperfection without considering that they create imperfection in their own minds by slandering that which harms no one.

In reviewing literature on such difficult concepts as rape a prevailing view is that biological and social evolution are progressing on different planes of time. However, JWs do not progess at all they hold to their self imposed views that are not accepted by any religious peers and seek to instill a loyalty by isolation. In proving how unworthy humans are they try to suck them into the organization as their only hope, instead of embracing the full range of human experience. They act the way that many military organizations have throughout time -- to instill group allegiance through a forging process of breaking down and then reforming.

They cause inexcusable guilt in their followers for no other reason than to make sure that they do not have the werewithal to break free, to question, to live, to breathe freely, to embrace humanity and the beauty and freedom of LIFE. You understood how contrary to the basic existence of people their teachings are and that gave you the freedom to question their motives and their views.

Continue to be insightful and to question. That is the "truth", not some man-made self proclaimed cult of self-righteousness.

• penny2
    penny2

trustsinJah, welcome to JWn!

penny

• trustsinJah
    trustsinJah

Thanks for the welcome. I know there is so much more I could talk about. I have read Crisis of Conscience, Apocalypse Delayed, as well as a few others.

I know there is alot of crap in the organization specifically, but the few truths of the bible were and still are refreshing. I mean no one can argue the straightforwardness of 1 Cor 15: 24-28.

But it seems this money making machine are more concerned with keeping the wheel going than living up to Jesus commands of Mercy, love and justice. Especially in the congregations as I can atest especially in the current hall where 3 Elders rule with no regards. What do I mean?

I travel alot for work unfortunately, but I was in a serious car accident. Not one call. No biug deal there. But after a couple months I go back and no one even knew I had been seriously injured. They were more concerned about my time and my tithes than my health.

Just so so sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit