On the move to real Kingdom truths!!

by trustsinJah 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Welcome. And, wow.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome. I am so glad we all have each other here. Lots of us in a similar situation. Hang in there, bro.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Welcome. Glad you were like the Bereans; hope many more JWs realize that example was set forth as behavior that all true Christians should participate in DAILY, and not just before they're baptised...

Zid [Not a Christian since I heard Exodus 19: 16-19, but can identify with much that you said, anyway...]

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • agonus
    agonus

There are so many caveats and so much repression regarding sexuality in the WT that seeking an "inappropriate" outlet is inevitable. Masturbation isn't mentioned in the Bible? Well, then, shut the fuck up about it and mind your own goddamned business. Oral sex isn't mentioned in the Bible either, but the GB is not below telling a married couple what they can and cannot do in the privacy of their own home. If you ask me, Big Brother needs to get laid.

• trustsinJah
    trustsinJah

Agonus - For me the key is how explicit and detailed he was with the Isaraelites, and to an extent even the early Christians! Let each indivisual work out their own salvation? Who said the annointed/Faithful Slave/GB had to ENFORCE Jehovah's standards?!?!

That is Pharisitical. Period.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum!!

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

WELCOME

I am new too.

I was very moved by your experience. I can relate to: Teachings that contain rules of men and lack love.

• undertheradar
    undertheradar

Had trouble copying and pasting.

I thought when I started reading the book ‘Keep Yourselves in God’s Love’ that this was going to be a really good book. The first two chapters ‘This is what the love of God means’ and ‘How can you maintain a good conscience’ were quite good’. Chapter 2 showing we need "God’s spirit to guide us" and that "the conscience is best used as an internal judge, not as a license to judge others".

Then apart from a few good points, it went down hill. Recommending the exact opposite of what the first two chapters were about. Laying down laws on things that I feel should be conscience matters and discussing things publicly that should be a private matter. Even describing masturbation explicitly in the appendix. As for getting advice on this subject from elders!!!! I’ve seen young men go to the elders and not get over the stigma from it because of gossiping and mocking elders. My marriage partner and I have been saddened by these fine young men never receiving positions, and now in their 40's, even though they are no longer controlled by it, but the stigma remains. Ridiculous.

From a psychology point of view doesn’t this sort of extreme condemnation from the governing body show that the person/s doing the condemning have a problem with this themselves or afraid that they will succumb to it? Either way their remarks show they are coming to these conclusions based on fear, not operating from love, and certainly not coming from Jehovah’s spirit. 1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love" Galatians 5:18 "If you are being led by spirit you are not under law".

I feel sympathy with the despair in Paul’s words in Galatians 3:2 & 3 "This alone I want to learn from you: Did you receive the spirit due to works of law or due to a hearing by faith? Are you so senseless ? After starting in spirit are you now being completed in flesh?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit