If You're Married Or Have A GF, BF,Do You Still Have Friends Of The Opposite Sex?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I guess it could be a problem if you might be sexually attracted to the "friend".

• zagor
    zagor

Currently I'm a freelancer, just cruising around and docking here and there to dip my big toe, I guess I don't believe in being anchored for life anymore. But truth to be told there were an occasion or two where I almost severed my friendship rope with someone because of "potential" danger that may seem to have posed to the relationship. Something I regretted afterward, luckily for me my friends were always there for me with open arms. I don't think I would do that every again, if I were ever to find a quiet haven it better be accepting of my friends too or I'm sailing off before sunrise lol

• I quit!
    I quit!

I've always had friends of the opposite sex. Going to lunch or a drink after work has never been a big deal. I still keep in touch with women I have worked with in the past. My wife keeps in touch with some of the guys she worked with in the past and once in a while while she will meet them for lunch. It doesn't bother me. I've known them for years and know what kind of people they are. I'm not the jealous type and neither is my wife.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Most of the female friends I talk to are old crushes so my wife is understandably suspicious. She doesn't really have that many male friends. I can only think of one right now that isn't a relative and he's gay so I'm not really worried about it.

• minimus
    minimus

B_Deserter, that's funny.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I wouldn't be comfortable with my wife having friends that weren't also my friends. Like if they were going out together, and I was not invited. That would not be cool. And I wouldn't have any friends who she didn't get along with. That's kind of a deal-breaker. Now, if she had a male friend and they were going to do something I wasn't interested in, well fair enough, go for it. But I should at least be invited.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit