If You're Married Or Have A GF, BF,Do You Still Have Friends Of The Opposite Sex?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm curious if you are "ALLOWED'' to have "friends" of the opposite sex? Or is that a no-no?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Spouses and girlfriends come and go. Friendships seem to last longer in my experience. I would never again marry someone who wouldn't "allow" me to do whatever I please.

That's probably why there's no women lining up here.

W

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

My wife has male co-workers that are friends, though she doesn't really socialize with them outside work.

I try to NOT have any female friends, too complicated because of my uber-sexiness, women just want me and it very hard to keep faithful to my wife.

Its true.

Seriously.

• minimus
    minimus

PSac is kewl.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

pretty much all my friends are gals, I find most guys pretty hard to have much of a friendship with

• ziddina
    ziddina

Heck yes, I'm allowed! Hubby is allowed too; goes to the occasional movie with a female buddy from work...

Zid

• minimus
    minimus

Does your significant other feel it's inappropriate to have a "friend" if you're in a committed relationship?

I know some women who have male friends but they don't broadcast it to their lovers.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

As long as they are not 'secret' friends .

• dgp
    dgp

I wonder if this question is asked in relation to the world of the Jehovah's witnesses or everyone. If it's everyone, I learned years ago that both parties have a right to have their own friends and their own individualities.

• minimus
    minimus

It's not a JW thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit