Your Most Embarrassing JW Moment

by Sky 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Sky
    Sky

Im just curious about this:
    Mine is stupid, but thoroughly humiliating at the same time.
    My mother made me wear High Heels for the first time to an assembly when I was 15 years old. It was all snow and ice that day, but I made it inside fine without slipping.
    During the first session, the naughty girl that I was, had gotten bored, so I decided to go to the restroom.
    I guess the floors were wet or something, because I slipped and fell down about 17 or 18 steps...
    Head over Heels, quite literally.
    I landed at the bottome with my dress up over my head, showing off all my under "wares: LOL!
    I also fractured my wrist...:(
    I cried and cried and CRIED SOME MORE!!! I was SOOOO Embarrassed!!!
    Kisses!
    "Grace"

• flower
    flower

Good story, here's one of my many

I dont remember exactly how old I was, probably 12 or so. We had been in our current congregation for a few years after moving. I never had any friends there as all the other kids seemed to not be interested in the 'new kids'. One day though, one of the girls in the hall told me that she wanted to have me and my sister over for a sleepover/slumber party. As far as I know there were no other kids invited just us and her and her sister. I was ecstatic of course. My first sleepover! a new friend! For a week I thought about how much fun it was going to be. I was supposed to go over there after school on Friday. Finally Friday came and I started packing my things. Then my mom comes up to me and says..

'Your dad said you cant go over there'.

"Why not?" she is a witness. what possible reason could there be?

well apparently being an elder he knew things about her mother which the rest of the congregtion didnt know. he felt her mother was bad associations and therefore I wasnt allowed to play with her daughter.

So the embarrasing part came when I had to call the girl a couple of hours before and tell her I couldnt come over. "my dad wont let me" was all I could say. I hated him much for that.

flower

You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Getting baptised....standing in a swimsuit, at the assembly hall at 79th and Ashland in Chicago. Myself and about 50 others. I was chubby and self-conscoius. All the women were in nice swim wear. I had to wear my mothers old one. She did not think it was worth it to purchase a new bathing suit.

We lined up like cattle and some guy in a pool would call our name, bring us down and dunk us. After making us recite something-I cannot remember what.

I wish I had never done that!

"I used to be Snow White, then I drifted." Mae West

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Oh flower, that story breaks my heart. How many times?? How many times has some stupid ass shit like that happened?

Oh I hate those Witnesses. such love such understanding. If that is the case then why do these stories keep popping up all the time? With exactly the same pattern, the same words, the same feelings?

Slipnslidemaster:"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
    - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I was the Watchtower reader for Sunday’s study. I prided myself on my fast, efficient way I covered the material in front of the congregation.

Well, one line I was to read said something like “the eagle.............. the KING OF BIRDS...........”

I started to read the paragraph in my “fast” usual style, but what came out was “the eagle........the KING of BEERS.” The whole place went into a roar!!! The WT conductor, wiping tears from his eyes said “No more Budweiser for you today.” It took five min. to settle everyone down.

“Cancel my subscription to the resurrection. Send my credentials to the House of Detention, I got some friends inside.....” The Doors

• picosito
    picosito

79th & Ashland. I rode by there every day going to Calumet HS in the early 50's. What did they have to tear down to build an Assembly Hall?

• beepers
    beepers

First of all, I am a shy person by nature. I had only been studying with with the jws for 6-7 months. Getting me out in service was difficult to say the least. Well the first time I went out in service, my conductor "lovingly" put me at the door rang the bell and walked away. Left me standing at the door alone. To make matters worse the householder came to the door buck naked. I just stood there with my mouth open not quite sure what to say. All I could do was to make a hasty retreat. Well, that's my embarassing moment.

Amy

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Beepers: That reminds me of the times I would go door to door with my pals and I would catch them off guard by starting off, saying:

“Greetings, I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, and my friend has something he wants to tell you.”

Gets them off guard every time!! Very funny......

“Cancel my subscription to the resurrection. Send my credentials to the House of Detention, I got some friends inside.....” The Doors

• thewiz
    thewiz

Not me, but my brother.

He was away for a while up in Alaska and came back.

ASSembly time rolls around and he's meetin' people he hasn't seen in a while.

I said to my brother: "You remember Mike." (we went to high school together, which at that time was 4 years or more in the past)

He said "Yeah, I remember Mike. How are you doing? Good to see you again. Who is this with you? Is this your mother?"

It was the guys wife!!! She was much older than him. You know, one of those poor idiots who thought that the new system was around the corner and was going to make everything right, and that age the difference wouldn't matter.

Tuff luck, he's younger than me and stuck with a wife @20 years older than him.

BTW I know a guy whose age difference with his wife has got to be at least 30 years or more.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Our congregation experimented with wireless roving microphones one year.

I didn't realize my mic was on when a sister told me the ladies' restroom was out of TP, and then I asked another brother to retrieve some from storage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit