Came across this 2009 Report

by aniron 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aniron
    aniron

I decided you guys would like to see Watchtower's claimed statistics for 2009. Interestingly their new baptisms are down though they claim enormous growth in the U.S. and around the globe, which most do not believe are valid. Anyway, just click to see; odds are your own nations show up in the list:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fchristianwitnesses.com%2Fid175.html&h=d6ab1675d89fc85a1798e9f2f9b374c3

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The numbers aren't all accurate but it isn't the WTS who is lying. It is the rank and file. We can write down whatever we want on the reports.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

MS- the figures are accurate as from the latest yearbook. Even though baptims are down, the number of publishers can increase, as the two figures are unrelated. JWs become inactive and re-activate publishers on a regular basis.

Looking through previous years, JW numbers increase in times of stress and fear. For instance, there was a spike in 2002 after the events of 9/11. I was expecting growth for 2009 due to the recession and some JWs superstitiously feeling this was a sign that Armageddon was about to come.

• Gayle
    Gayle

For 2007, worldwide percentage of total baptisms per total Bible Studies was 4.5%. In 2008, worldwide percentage of total baptisms per total Bible Studies was 4.0%. For 2009, worldwide percentage of total baptisms per total Bible Studies was 3.6%.

For 2007, Worldwide baptisms - 298,304; for 2008 - 289.678; for 2009 - 276,233. So, this is what is critical for the WTS.

• steve2
    steve2

I'd love to see a scan from the yearbook of the full report!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Me too!

• wobble
    wobble

Interesting to compare the Seventh Day Adventist church report, I do not think the 2009 one will be out for a while, as they report to the end of the year, Dec. 31st 2009.

As of Dec. 2008 they report : 15,921,408 members

1,005.720 baptisms

232 countries.

For a group that started around the time, maybe a little before, Chazzer Russell started his religion, they are doing a lot better than Chazzer's heirs.

They also report 27,814 Professions of Faith, I don't know exactly what they are, ones working towards baptism ??

When you think that they baptise into The Name of the Father, Son, & Holy Spirit, these are Christian baptisms, the WT ones are not.

Love

Wobble

• bohm
    bohm

Thanks for posting! I live in a 0% country (as per the link), is there a way to get details so i can see what the real change is?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Western Europe shows shocking growth!, with many countries showing minus and zero rates

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

2009 memorial partaker 10857. How many in 08?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit