Came across this 2009 Report

by aniron 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    with the UK population growing at alarming levels nothing outstanding with that figure

Where, in Daily Mail land? I very much doubt the UK population is increasing by 1% a year.

Witnesses up 4% in the USA. That is quite impressive.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The healthy increases in England and the USA are an aberration attributable to the fact that parents can now count time studying with their children, and the recession. Next year the figures wil be well down again, guaranteed, especially with the economy slowly improving.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

For some apostates waiting for a decrease is a bit like Witnesses waiting for Armageddon: it's always just around the corner.

• aniron
    aniron

Wow an all time peak in the UK over 133,000. That's quite a milestone. It seems they are on the rise again.

Nothing new there they have in the past 10 years or so always hovered around 132,000-134,000 mark.

When I stopped attending meetings 8 years ago it was about 132,500.

the 2009 reort for Britain says average publishers 128,435 with 2,932 baptised.

2008 average publishers was 126,580 so with 2,932 baptised there should be 129,512 for publishers 2009

They seem to be 1,077 short

I wonder how many of the baptised were JW children or family.

Would like to know how many were actually people whose door they had knocked on and had a "study" with JWs.

In my old congregation they have had no one baptised for the last two assemblies.

Came across this comment on another forum from an ex-JW.

I was talking to one of the Local Elders the other day and he was saying that the fall in numbers is quite astonishing. The result around Cardiff is that 7 congregations have been reorganised into 5, and out of 600 publishers just over 4 years ago they now have less than 400. The fact that this person is talking to me again is also quite remarkable as over the years he has been one of the nastiest of the bunch.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Highs and lows in percentage growth don't matter. They can inflate figures all they like, they can even be true figures, it doesn't matter.

It's the long haul over the whole history of the WBTS that shows the reality.

The decline into oblivion is relentless as you can see looking into one of my earlier posts.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/186440/1/Fun-with-numbers-or-the-Watchtower-running-out-of-steam-Statistics

Oz

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Why are numbers missing from Danish? Am I missing something?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Britain - baptisms - 2007 - 3,383

2008 - 2,918 - -13.7% - (decrease)

2009 - 2,932 - +.5% - (increase)

• Gayle
    Gayle

Denmark

2006 avg pub - 14,178 baptisims:

2007 avg pub - 14,154 2007 - 288

2008 avg pub - 14,144 2008 - 240

2009 ave pub - 14,153 2009 - 198

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Nothing new there they have in the past 10 years or so always hovered around 132,000-134,000 mark.

When I stopped attending meetings 8 years ago it was about 132,500.

Exactly, they have been struggling to overcome the mid-ninetites peak of 132,000, which they now have done with 133,000, which is why I say it is significant.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    The decline into oblivion is relentless as you can see looking into one of my earlier posts.

Given that Witnesses are experiencing only a decline in the rate of growth, whereas most other churches in the West have been in absolute decline for decades, I think your phrase about "decline into oblivion" is a little over-dramatic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit