Malcom typical JW mindset

by JT 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

yada yada yada the truth answered the questions with sense but u still are bitter demonic humans its sad that u hate the truth but soon jehovah will send a fire ball with your name on it cheers
    -------------

I had to show this to some NONJW today is friday and here in DC most gov workers are off till the 7th

we have over 450 folks in this office and only 21 folks are logged in and 7 which are the folks here in the IT dept so it is slow- we got folks cleaning all the "Space bars" on the PCS on the floor smile

well this is the great comment from a jw- what so many here find most interesting is the sheer hatred that jw "Actually" have for anyone who doesn't share thier view/explantion of scripture or interpetation.

I always let nonjw know that this person merely is a reflection of the greater jw community and how they feel about others who may not accept thier explanation of scripture

as one guy said : "Should not persons be able to disagree without degrading others"

I told him sad to say persons on both sides of the issue often let emotion take over thier post calling current jw braindead and so forth

even myself - and that is why i try to catch myself when i start down that road and try to stay on the issue and not the personal

james

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

For the most part, non-witnesses seem to feel JWs are generally nice and kind people. And for the most part I think they are alright people too.

It is just that there is this dark and cold side to them and their message that is hidden well from the general public. Hatemail that people here have recieved from various sources reveal a hatred that has been put into them over so many years.

As much as the Society probably hates the 'apostate' info on the net, they also fear their own members honesty in how they really feel about non-jws or those who leave. Many JWs still live in the old school, tell it like it is mindset and forget to wear the plastic smile for the public.

Path

• malcomx
    malcomx

TRUTH IS TRUTH ITS A STINGING POWERFUL MESSAGE FROM JEHOVAH IF U WANT YOUR CUSTOM MADE MESSAGE YOUR SUGAR COATED EVERYONE IS LOVED BY JESUS FLOAT TO HEAVEN MESSAGE GO TO THE PAGAN CHURCHES BUT LIKE NOAH LIKE JESUS THEY DIDNT WANT TO HEART THE TRUTH ME BEING A MODERN DISIPLE OF JESUS I UNDERSTAND BUT THE DAY OF JEHOVAH WILL NOT BE LATE ITS DELAYING TO THE WORLD BUT SOON ITS GONING TO ATTACK LIKE WILD PIRAHNAS SO THE CHOICE IS YOURS I SEE THE WORLD GOING TO THE CRAPPER AND THE TRUTH JUST WATCHES AND SOUNDS THE ALARM ITS YOUR MORTAL LIFE......

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Come off it James. It's irritating how you could generalize about Jehovah's Witnesses so easily as if you were talking about some alien species. There is no such thing as a "typical" Witness. I know you served in Bethel, were an elder, etc. In all your peregrinations, you cannot say that people like MalcolmX represent the mainstream. If you must know, those like him who come on public boards all foaming in the mouth are not typical but marginal. The "typical" Witness, if there is ever such a creature, hardly ventures into cyberspace to rant. Many Witnesses have their intelligence and decency challenged on a daily basis reading comments as you have made. There is no point putting up superior airs simply because you decided to be a Witness no more. The very credit you claim Witnesses deny others, you are in turn denying them by your words and insinuations. Get back down from that high horse, Sir.

pc

• JT
    JT

pathofhorns says:

"there is this dark and cold side to them and their message that is hidden well from the general public"

"their own members honesty in how they really feel about non-jws or those who leave. Many JWs still live in the old school, tell it like it is mindset and forget to wear the plastic smile for the public."

--------

yes and this was my point about the "Typical JW Mindset"
    in fact that is why they are JW they share the same commmon mindset about those who are former jw and anyone in general who disagree with thier explanation of scripture

the basic mindset is simple "We have the Truth and You don't"

for anyone to come onto the WWW and say that there is NO TYPICAL jw MINDSET- in my view it merely shows they are uninformed on JW and how they think and act-

I -along with so many others here could list the TYPICAL MINDSET OF JW on so many issues it would take up pages of text.

while I agree one should be careflu about Braodbrushing folks the fact of the matter is one of the Bragging points of JW is the all share the same mindset- they call it Unity we realize it is comformity-

just my 2

james

• WhyBother
    WhyBother

I agree with Prince. Malcolm does not represent the JW majority. A) he he surfing cyberspace for JW material NOT provided by the Org. B) realizing this was not a JW encouragement board, he stuck around C) is actually fraternizing with "apostates". You can bet he would receive no pats on the back from his elders for his comments - assuming he's bold enough to admit to them.

While I think it's important to educate people about JWs, bashing them with comments made by an angry zealot won't help - for the most part others do see JWs as slightly odd but kind people. I wouldn't want to be seen as part of a tacky smear campaign.

They go their way, I go mine - I could follow and kick their ass but...

WhyBother.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Path, JT, Malc...

Admittedly, it's unfair to broad-brush any group as being comprised of but one mentality; at the same time, I think it's fair to point out, however, that, because of their boast of ``unity of belief, thought and action,'' JWs are more vulnerable to such criticism than most.

Can any JW deny that their basic outlook vis-a-vis the vast world outside their borders is negative and adversarial?

In fairness, if anyone comes across as an ``angry zealot'' on this thread, it's Malcolm X.

• JT
    JT

PC says:

Come off it James. It's irritating how you could generalize about Jehovah's Witnesses so easily as if you were talking about some alien species. There is no such thing as a "typical" Witness. I know you served in Bethel, were an elder, etc. In all your peregrinations, you cannot say that people like MalcolmX represent the mainstream. If you must know, those like him who come on public boards all foaming in the mouth are not typical but marginal. The "typical" Witness, if there is ever such a creature, hardly ventures into cyberspace to rant. Many Witnesses have their intelligence and decency challenged on a daily basis reading comments as you have made. There is no point putting up superior airs simply because you decided to be a Witness no more. The very credit you claim Witnesses deny others, you are in turn denying them by your words and insinuations. Get back down from that high horse, Sir.
    pc

--------

At first i didn't know how to take THIS post, I said to myself --is this person Dogging me or What--

but then i thought about it and i guess this is another reason for me to just love this NET "THANG"

This person has been able to disagree with my position on the "Typical JW mindset" and call me "Arrogant" at the same time.

Only outside of WT world do you and i have such freedom.

While this person feels that there is no "Typical JW Mindset on issues"

i tend to disgree with that,

but i respect thier right to feel othewise-

is it not funny how the entire post of mine revolved around how JW react negatively to anyone who disagrees with them and here i am merely saying we can disagree without being disagreeable

but PC you are entitled to your view, I just feel that the facts don't support your position.

I'm truly sorry that somehow due to my past life exp as a jw you find that makes me arrogant somehow.

If somehow I have given you the impression that I'm on some high horse
    accept my apologies

i saw the thread with Amazing and Ammension a few days ago and it went back and forth and back and forth

their post left the Issues and became personal-

well if you had caught me perhaps a few year back i would have went round and round with you over the "Horse issue"

but like i stated when first came to this site back in 2000

I spent over 30 yrs of my life arguing with folks over whether Jesus Christ died on a "Light Pole or Telephone Pole"

i have no desire to get into a pissing match with folks who don't know me from Adam

i would suggest - it is always better to stick with the issues than to make it personal--ones arguement at least will be stronger

I wish you had asked me to provide you with example of what maybe considered a Typical JW Mindset for there are many, but at any rate thanks for at least taking the time to read my post and respond to it

have a good day

James

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

MALCOLM YOUR POSTS ARE VERY INTERESTING AND INFORMATIVE AND CONTAIN THE HARD HITTING MESSAGE BELOVED OF ALL JEHOVAH'S WITNESS HARDLINE NUTJOBS BUT I THINK YOUR MESSAGE WOULD BE MORE PALATABLE IF YOU DECIDED TO STOP TYPING ALL IN CAPS AS THIS IS REGARDED AS SHOUTING AND IF YOU COULD PLEASE START TO USE SOME PUNCTUATION IT WOULD BE MAUCH APPRECIATED AND HOW ABOUT THE WEATHER THESE DAYS HEY IT'S ALL GOING DOWN THE CRAPPER WITH THE GLOBAL WARMING AS FORETOLD IN REVELATION AND MY ROSES WERE BLOOMING WAY INTO DECEMBER AND IF THAT'S NOT A FULFILLMENT OF BIBLE PROPHECY I DONT KNOW WHAT IS!!!!

EXPATBRIT

• flower
    flower

i have to agree, malcom is no typical JW and i dont think hes a JW at all to be honest. hes simply another one of those people here to 'stir the pot' and get some heated arguments started on the board. unfortunately there seems to be several of those people on this board. it makes it hard for the people trying to get at the truth and/or get some support. some people really need to get a life or a hobby instead of trying to get negative attention to fill the void in their lives.

flower

You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit