The Future New Lights (jw speak for corrections) Of the Illustrative GB

by frankiespeakin 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

billytheexBethelite,

Nice observations!

frankiespeakin,

:The old must give way to the new it is a simple fact of nature.

But what if the old assholes are merely replaced with new assholes as Billy pointed out? There are still a bunch of WT heavyweights who were groomed by Jaracz, you know.

Farkel

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Fact Is..

The WBT$ can make any change they want,without Question..

Any JW that does question the WBT$..

Will be Tossed out..

Case Closed..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• JWoods
    JWoods
    2010-1935=75 and allowing very young baptisms say 10 years of age we have them at 85 years old.

Plus the fact that in 1930 to 1935, age of baptism was probably much more like 20 years old. Look at the picture of the Governing Body we had in a thread yesterday - only two out of the ten could possibly be anywhere near 90 years of age.

However, if I were to bet real money on it, I think that they will continue to hint around that there are still "just a few" of the annointed still being gathered, and that most of those new 800 or so partakers last year are mistaken about their hevenly hopes.

If the R & F didn't pick up on the "generation" thing, or the millions now living will never die coverup, they probably won't think too much about the 144,000 either...sadly enough.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Frankie and JWoods: The WTS already jettisoned the 1935 cutoff date for the heavenly calling. It was in the May 1, 2007 WT in a Questions from Readers article.

Interestingly, this article came out shortly after the death of the last GB member to be anointed before 1935 (can't remember whether it was Barber or Schroeder). So today none of the current GB members professed the heavenly calling before 1935. Not surprising that the Society scrapped this doctrine.

• dissed
    dissed

They used to say because the sealing was closed in 1935........

If someone started to partake now, they must have been a replacement for an unfaithful annointed.

But some young ones were viewed poorly if they partook. "Let me get this straight, he's replacing one of the faithful old ones, right!"

Which led to much comdemnation of these new and young annointed as having emotional problems. Leading some to speculate that the new system will help correct their wrong annointedship.

Now we know, JG's spirit was bearing witness that they really were of the annointed all along.

Unfortunately, JG's spirit wasn't bearing witness to the GB for over 70 years and JG failed to inform them of this change.

Isn't it amazing how JG's spirit works with this organization?!

WT Inc - "Where amazing happens!"

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

For what it's worth, I really pissed off an elder once when he kept speaking about "New Light." I reminded him that today's "New Light" is tomorrow's "Old Light" that will be disregarded.

I guess he didn't get the point.

Rub a Dub

• Farkel
    Farkel

An HONEST way to get around the 144,000 dilemma and the increasing number of partakers is this:

Declare that every dub from the time of Russell until say, 1990 was an apostate and that includes all memorial partakers. This of course is true because many of the things they believed during that period are NOW considered apostate.

That would "release" a huge number of "openings" for the 144,000 and explain the current increase in partakers.

Farkel, Keep it Simple CLASS

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Fark,

But what if the old assholes are merely replaced with new assholes as Billy pointed out? There are still a bunch of WT heavyweights who were
    groomed by Jaracz, you know.

It's a bitch that really bites the GB hard in the ass for sure. That's what happens when you get a bunch of brain dead short sited assholes running a corporation they can't think fast enough or clear enough to deal with what's coming.

A think tank of intellectuals they are not. I'm sure many of them are only thinking a few years into the future,, being that they are so old that many probably just want to finish their GB life and to hell with what happens to the Organization after they are dead and gone.

Young smarter blood on the GB will definately bring changes that would make Feddy Franz and all the rest of those dead GBs toss in their graves.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Frankie and JWoods: The WTS already jettisoned the 1935 cutoff date for the heavenly calling. It was in the May 1, 2007 WT in a Questions from Readers article.

True, but still the same problem that faced old Rutherford remains - if they still want to maintain that the 144,000 # is literal, then there has to be some eventual cutoff to new selections.

This, one would suppose, eventually leads them to suggest that perhaps many in the 1900-1935 annointed era were not "real" annointed, thus leaving room for a very few even now into the 21st century.

Rather a mess, doctrinally, but then they bulled their way through equally bad messes in the past, no?

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

JWoods, it certainly is a doctrinal mess. Saying that the 144k is not literal would clear it up. Also, some have suggested that the WTS may say that not all 1st century Christians were anointed. I think that would open a can of worms--for example, it would make the omission of any reference to an earthly hope in the New Testament even more glaring--but it's certainly a possibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit