Our UK Friends Are Buried!

by zoiks 30 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Do cars in the UK have front wheel or 4-wheel drive?

• nelly136
    nelly136

some front some back and some 4 wheel, depends on your make and model.

my current banger is front wheel drive, the last one was back wheel drive

• penny2
    penny2

Would you like to pay me a visit?

Here in Adelaide, South Australia, we're having a heat wave - 3 days of 41 degrees C coming up (or 106 degrees F).

Although this is a little on the hot side, I'm not complaining - I love summer.

• Edington
    Edington

I made it into the office today, however yesterday I listened to all the blah blah woe are we, never been soooo cold for 50 years, boo hoo news & stayed at home........to be honest I think the icey side roads this morning were more dangerous now the snow is compacted than driving through fresh snow.

Continental Europe & the USA authorities know they will have feet of snow & deal with it efficiently. Britain doesn't cope well because extended cold snaps happen infrequently & councils cannot warrant spending a fortune on snow moving machinery that may not be used for years. Usually the Gulf Stream keeps Britain well above the temperature one would expect at this latitude.

Thanks for your concern it is appreciated, however the news media here are just non-stop doomsdayers. Today is beautifully sunny, the few inches of snow we have had here in south west UK looks lovely & the kids are having loads of fun. For many younger children here in the south this will be the first snow they have experienced.

Ed

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Nuggett -

Who is that cute little rodent in your avatar?

A lusting lil' hamster wants to know!

HB

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's a hot summer in Australia and the drought has broken.......

• nelly136
    nelly136

time to go start my banger to warm it up then wrap its engine up for the night.

• four candles
    four candles

I was out driving my bus today.....no problems at all. People were suprised to see me which I couldn't work out as there was no snow or ice on the roads.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The University of Dundee satellite image (posted on the BBC site). Gives a new meaning to 'Cool Britannia' LOL!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

My central heating boiler is on its last legs

We've got another -10C night and more heavy snow due in the early hours tomorrow

*Have microwaveable wheaty-bag, will travel* LOL!

Although we too are struggling to keep roads clear this time, our council to their credit do very well for winter planning, they always have done - the problem is that we're high up, hilly and have a lot of roads to cover - many in rural areas. The Government gives extra money to councils like ours but because so much of our road system is rural, we lose out and don't receive anywhere near as much central funding as we need - the council have been arguing with the Government for years about this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit