TONS of changes in the organization

by EndofMysteries 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    New songbook - removing all the old teachings and anything saying new world or new order

Interesting thought -but first example that I checked to try and prove this wrong :

Song 29 old book "Forward You Witnesses"

Chorus " Then forward yoy Witnesses ever strong of heart, Rejoice that in Gods work you too may have a part. Go tell far and wide Gods New Order is here That e'er long its rich blessings will be here "

Reprised in the new book as song 17

Chorus "Then forward you Witnesses ever strong of heart. Rejoice that in Gods work you too may have a part. Go tell far and wide that the paradise is near and that soon all its blessings will be here"

• JWoods
    JWoods

I wonder if there has ever been another established religion which has modified its basic doctrine as often and as substantially as the JWs have over the 120 or so years of their existence?

I really cannot think of one that has...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I've really enjoyed all these changes! The Organization is also leaving a whole bunch of decisions up to the individual's conscience. It's great!
    I see it as evolving into a more democratic religious system more and more. Wonderful! I feel much more comfortable in it these days, than ever before.
    DY

The WBT$ has "always" let Jehovah`s Witness`s make thier Own Decisions..

In favour of the WBT$..

Failure to make your Own Decision in favour of the WBT$..

Will get you Disfellowshipped..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• ziddina
    ziddina

"I see it as evolving into a more democratic religious system more and more. Wonderful! I feel much more comfortable in it these days, than ever before...."

I think someone needs to kidnap Doubtfully Yours and de-program her... Should we use a gunny sack??? Zid

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

They'll end up making eveything 'a conscience matter', but if you make the wrong choice you'll be deemed to have disassociated yourself. I really hope we can find a legal way around that one.

I expect further simplification. The mid-week meeting needs rejigging, it's too much. Book study, TMS and service meeting shoehorned into 1hr 45. It feels frantic. I wouldn't be surprised if talk 3 or 4 is cut. Also, there's no need for some brother to read a chapter of the bible reading if the highlights are done well. In my cong the bible reading is usually given to a kid or someone who can't read well, or someone for whom English is not their first language. It's quite often painful to listen to.

I think a more radical change could happen too. Cut the book study altogether and replace it with the JW only Watchtower study. This would have the 'benefits' of

1. not having to produce a new book every year
    2. more congs could share the same hall if the sunday meeting was cut to 45 mins
    3. shorter sunday meetings means more pressure to preach on sundays
    4. less risk of exposing the public to the kooky internal WT
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Another fairly new arrangement: foreign language groups can no longer have separate meetings on a different time or day than their sponsoring congregation. They can have separate meetings but they have to be in the same Hall at the same time their English congregation is meeting. I think probably some CoBEs were getting upset that half their congregation was meeting at a different time, outside of his control.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Everything has been set up so nobody can actually think or 'discuss' the bible. Cutting out the bookstudy took that out. Reading of the watchtower paragraphs, and the info is 'timed' so that comments must be quick and pretty much repeating what is said there.

The 'new arrangement', should be that all congregations get a projector and high speed internet connection, and all meetings including comments are done from bethel, so that everyone is getting the most pure spiritual food and no chance for a slip up.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Bluesbrother - the whole point in the new songbook, was not because it was time for a new one, it was a cover for cutting out a lot of changes without making it obvious.

Look at all the songs that were removed, and the edits, and it's substantial.

• Violia
    Violia

All " real jws" know that the conscience clause is just a legal loophole . As LL said, properly trained jws know that they always err with "mother" and the conscience clause is just to keep them out of court and protect them from evil apostates. If any jws did any of those things they'd be shunned-even if it is/was , a conscience matter. If you are an elder or MS, pioneer or really anyone well known, and you start making the wrong conscience decisions, you will soon be talking to a representive of mother.

• Mary
    Mary

DY said: I've really enjoyed all these changes! The Organization is also leaving a whole bunch of decisions up to the individual's conscience. It's great!

Yes! They now let the brothers and sisters choose what colour their shoe laces are and what days of the week they can shower on! Surely this is further evidence of Jehovah's blessings!!!

I see it a s evolving into a more democratic religious system more and more. Wonderful! I feel much more comfortable in it these days, than ever before .

A classic example of one becoming re-indoctrinated into a cult they had once considered leaving. How sad is that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit