Would it be fair to compare JWs to Terrorist Organisations?

by african GB Member 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s been posted here before..

In WBT$ literature..

The WBT$ says they can`t kill Apostates,because it`s against the law..

WITH THAT IN MIND..

If the WBT$ could not be held accountable by Authorities..

It`s more likely than not..

The WBT$ would Hunt down and Kill,anyone who did not agree with them..

..........................OUTLAW

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

WTS ALSO OWNS 50 PERCENT OF A COMPANY THAT MAKES WAR WEAPONS SO THEY ARE BLOOD GUILTY THEIR SELF BUT WILL NOT ALLOW THE JWs TO GO TO WAR .

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

This may be a record for being over the top even for this site. Silly.

• flipper
    flipper

JOHN- I don't lose any credibility at all. There are lots of DIFFERENT forms of terror used to cause fear. Once again you are using an all or nothing type reasoning. Looking at just a " little square box " . Just because the WT society doesn't blow people up with bombs doesn't mean they DON'T inspire terror in their members. And Jehovah's Witnesses HAVE broken the law on numerous occasions . Not reporting child abuse to police authorities where it was required. Stealing minor children out of intensive care hospital units to prevent them from having life saving blood transfusions. They have lied in court in child custody cases and called it " theocratic warfare ". AND it was reported the WT society allegedly covered up a young Bethelite's suicide by digging his remains up to be cremated - allegedly.

If you re-read the WT society's history there are many coercive measures that were taken to control people and instill terror and fear into them. So I agree to disagree with you

• John Doe
    John Doe

Yes, you do flipper. The comparison was to a terrorist organization, something with a specific meaning per your quoted definition. JW's do not fit that definition, and to use superficial comparisons is a sign of someone with an agenda who lacks an objective view. Pull back, think realistically about what you're saying, and start over.

• flipper
    flipper

Hey John- You can't make me ! Neener, neener, neener ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• sspo
    sspo

I think the watchtower terrorizes their own members by labeling someone as bad association, DF anyone that dares to question

their teachings and forcing JW's to stay in the organization.

We all know of the consequences of even DS from them.

Extreme comparison!!!!!!!!!

• megawatt
    megawatt

I wouldn't label it as an "extreme" comparison, IMHO. Maybe not the first thing that comes to mind, but not that farfecthed. I know congos differ somewhat from each other, but it wasn't the extremists who considered Worldy people as enemies, but most jws as a whole that I knew. Hell, I heard it from casual conversation to public discourses, along with articles labeling the worldly people and goverments as "enemies". You know, part of this system of things that belong to satan? Or am I making this up?

But then again, it's been years since I actually listened to a public talk or read WT book or a magazine with any kind of interest what so ever, LOL. The last big scare I felt from this ORG, was during the 80's and early 90's about the end being right around the corner with the end of generation. Since that debacle I was there in body, but not in mind :).

To me, all religion is poison with the potential of inflicting great harm (DEATH) not only to their members, but also to the outside populace in the name of god (jim jones, DAVID KORESH to name few). We know of the no blood policy and with some of us here having experieced the loss of a loved one due to that policy.

Just like CRY said. If the Org tomorrow, came out with a new flicker of light with an article or public discourse demanding a "call to arms", asking for the death of apostates and anyone in oppsition to the ORG, do you believe some JW's would obey without question? What would stop a JW zealot who already shuns his or her family and left them for dead for not being part of jehovah's org , prepared to not take blood or proudly serve on Blood liason committe insuring no blood is transfused and that JEEHOBAH'S LAW is obeyed, in carry out such an extremist act?

If you say no, then you're twice the fool as those who are still in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit