Any Buddhists here?

by John Doe 83 Replies latest jw friends

• awildflower
    awildflower

I agree with void and I might add, I believe that everything we need to heal the planet and ourselves is all within us as individuals and always has been. Once we realize that individually, we start to heal ourselves, our immediate surroundings, all the way out to the planet and beyond.....wf

• John Doe
    John Doe

The planet needs "healing?"

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am not a Buddhist religiously. I do like, and apply Zen teaching to a minor [very non-religiously] way in my life.

Less is more. Stay in the moment. Ect.

I agree with Farkel. Buddha had far better things to teach than Jesus. Some believe Jesus was, in fact, a Zen Master. I am reading this book:

The Zen Teachings of Jesus

• beksbks
    beksbks

I respect the focus on personal responsibility rather than evangelism.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland
    I believe that most trouble man makes for himself through an over-active mind.

That makes sense but how do you turn your brain off? Mine just keeps going in over-drive.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Meditation, paul. As you're thinking, ask yourself who is having those thoughts, and then, spend 5 or 10 minutes trying to percieve who. It's sort of like stepping back away from the thoughts, or looking back to see WHO. It's not a direct suppressing of thought. When the thoughts don't get attention, because the attention is turned elswhere, the thoughts simply dissapate, like a butterfly fart.

S

• John Doe
    John Doe

voideater, you Buddhist?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Satanus, butterflies don't fart.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Prove it. Bet, you think that girls don't fart, either. Actually, that gives me an idea. Paul, you're thoughts will dissapate, like a girlfart.

S

• John Doe
    John Doe

Why?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit