A Sphere is Not a Circle

by AK - Jeff 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Doe
    John Doe

Sylvia, I'm aware of what hades is. I was just poking fun at your mental disorder.

• snowbird
  • John Doe
    John Doe

ooga OOOOOGAbooga!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I felt we needed a visual

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The lexicon on the "Blue Letter Bible " site defines the Hebrew word as "circle, sphere, used of the arch or the vault of the sky"

I read the chapter of Isaiah as using expressions in a poetic metaphorical way, so I would not be too specific or literal about the word. It certainly does not prove any scientific accuracy of The Bible as the WT would have it, but it does not prove that Isaiah thought the Earth to be flat, either..

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Physicists postulate a fifth dimension; I believe it's the world of spirits.

Some postulate more than that. A lot more. String theory postulates 11. That's 7 more than we perceive.

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Some postulate more than that. A lot more. String theory postulates 11. That's 7 more than we perceive.
    BTS

Wow!

Thanks, Burn; I wasn't aware of that.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Since you take a spiritual approach....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Heavens

• Farkel
    Farkel

The whole argument on boths sides is bogus. Everyone knows the earth is a square. It has four foundations or sides. Besides that, how could Jesus see ALL the Kingdoms of the earth if the earth was anything but flat?

You guys don't know what you are talking about.

Farkel, Trusting in the Bible CLASS

• snowbird
    snowbird

*feverishly bookmarking string theory and seven heavens*

Thanks, all.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit