Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-03-10 WT Study (YOUR PRAYERS)

by blondie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-03-2010 WT Study (November 15, 2009, pages 3-7)(YOUR PRAYERS)

Review comments will be in red or headed by COMMENTS
    WT material from today's WT will be in black
    Quotes from other sources will headed by QUOTES
    w = Watchtower
    g = Awake
    jv = Proclaimers book

Bible translations www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible
    WT publications www.strictlygenteel.co.uk
    WT child abuse www.silentlambs.org
    Blood issue www.ajwrb.org
    United Nations http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

Also posted on

http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com

www.jehovahs-witness.net

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php

http://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/

SCAN:

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/forum/showthread.php?3721-WT-Study-for-January-3-2009

WHAT DO YOUR PRAYERS SAY ABOUT YOU? "O Hearer of prayer, even to you people of all flesh will come."--PS. 65:2

START OF COMMENTS ON PARAGRAPH (SEE SCAN ABOVE)

Q1,2. Why can Jehovah's servants confidently turn to him in prayer?

COMMENTS
    Does God listen to the prayers of non-jws?

Do jws see themselves as jws or Christians? If asked what religion they are would they say Christians?

Does God hear all jw prayers directly or are the taken to heaven by the angels as I was told when a jw child?

Does Jesus hear these prayers since they are through him?

2. COMMENTS
    Were David's prayers heard when he was having sex with another man's wife and arranging to have that husband

killed--when he conducted a census against God's requirements and the reminder from a good friend--David knowing it

was wrong and still did it, selecting a punishment that killed 70,000 innocent people, but he kept living?

Was David a "loyal worshipper" then? Was he "trusting in God" then?

What did David's prayers say about him?

Q3,4. (a) With what attitude should we approach God in prayer? (b) What should we do if we are troubled by

"disquieting thoughts" regarding serious sin?

COMMENTS
    Who decides whether our prayers should be heard? Who decides if we are humble enough? Does God or the elders

examine us?

CARROT--Everlasting life

http://www.womenspost.ca/files/bp-carrot-stick.jpg

4. COMMENTS

So who had disquieting thoughts--serious sin--David certainly? Was he repressing a guilty conscience--certainly?

But according to the Mosaic Law what was the punishment for adultery and murder? Forgiveness if they had shown

mercy to others?

*** it-2 p. 450 Murder ***
    Whereas the death penalty was prescribed for deliberate murderers and a ransom was ruled out in their case...

(Numbers 35:30-31) 30 “‘Every fatal striker of a soul should be slain as a murderer at the mouth of witnesses, and one

witness may not testify against a soul for him to die. 31 And YOU must take no ransom for the soul of a murderer who is

deserving to die, for without fail he should be put to death.

Q5. What does it mean to supplicate Jehovah?

COMMENTS
    Anxious--pray?
    During danger or persecution?
    Pray for what?

Q6,7. For what reasons should thanksgiving be included in our prayers?

COMMENTS
    How many jws (perhaps yourself even) prayed only when we needed something?
    Only you can examine your motives.

7. COMMENTS
    So do jws need the WTS to tell them what to thank God for ("should")? Jesus asks for things in this prayer; is there

some statement of thankfulness here?

(Matthew 6:9-13) 9 “YOU must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10 Let your

kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth. 11 Give us today our bread for this day; 12 and

forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from

the wicked one.’

PRAY FOR OTHERS

Q8,9. Why should we pray for fellow Christians?

COMMENTS
    fellow Christians--only jws--only jws are true Christians in their opinion
    Who are jws not to pray for?
    brothers and sisters in the faith--only jws

*** w97 1/15 p. 22 par. 22 What Does God Require of Us? ***
    According to the standards set out in the Scriptures, they have real love among themselves, they have deep respect for

the Bible, they honor God’s name, they preach about his Kingdom, and they are no part of this wicked world. (Matthew

6:9; 24:14; John 13:34, 35; 17:16, 17) There is only one religious organization on this earth that has all these marks of

true Christianity—Jehovah’s Witnesses!

9. COMMENTS
    anointed Christians--only jws
    other sheep companions--aren't they Christians too?
    Could John 10:16 be talking about Gentile anointed Christians?
    The word "organization" does not even occur in the Bible.
    Other Christians--only jws

Q10. Praying for others may have what effect on us?

COMMENTS
    Praying for others--only jws
    The WTS admits that jws are not fond of other jws--where is the love?
    Unity in the WTS means agreeing with their teachings even if not bible-based
    So how does a jw know they have received holy spirit?

Q11. Why would you say that it is proper to ask others to pray for us?

COMMENTS
    So why would a parent pray for their child not to cheat if they had never done so before? How many other sins will they

pray their child not commit for the first time, not even showing the inclination to do so? Would they humiliate them by

praying publicly in the family setting?

OUR PRAYERS SAY EVEN MORE

Q12. What should be significant features of our prayers?

COMMENTS
    So jws can't pray about problems they need to deal with....just be happy, happy, happy?
    Witness of Jehovah--where's Jesus in this picture?
    compliance with God's will as interpreted by the WTS = WTS = God

Until 1986 the WTS taught jws to vindicate God's name.

*** w95 5/15 p. 25 par. 17 Part 2—Flashes of Light—Great and Small ***
    Similarly, for a long time, Witnesses spoke of the vindication of Jehovah’s name.

Q13.14. Our prayers reveal what about us?

COMMENTS
    It is God who knows our motives because he can read hearts and minds, so would then prayers reveal our motives to

ourselves?
    God already knows how
    we feel about meetings
    we feel about the ministry
    we feel about the brothers and sisters
    Christ's brothers = only anointed jws = yes, all non-jws are not Christ's brothers!

Repeating a set of words--have you listened to the prayers at a KH or the prayer at the end of an assembly/convention

as the review/outline all the points from the last 2 to 3 days, as if God wasn't there listening or didn't understand what

had been said?

14. COMMENTS
    Rely on God or the WTS?
    So does the WTS teach that God protects individual jws?
    God is on OUR side--only jws

Q15,16. Prayer may help us to discern what about our desire to reach out for service privileges?

COMMENTS
    HONEST prayer...motives
    Eagerness to serve others? Or to get "double honor"?
    God's people = only jws
    Or is it first place to lord it over as = "mighty men" who have more holy spirit than the rank and file; or the PO who said

"it's my way or the highway"?
    Jehovah's people = only jws

16. COMMENTS
    Christian (jw) wives who want the status through their husbands who are MS/elders.
    So they "work along" making hubbie look good, even regular pioneering, quitting their FT job only to quit pioneering and

work full-time when he is appointed.

REPRESENTING OTHERS IN PUBLIC PRAYER

Q17. Why is solitude desirable when we pray privately?

COMMENTS
    How many jws pray privately? I remember the ones who never prayed privately at mealtime but made a big show of it

at a restaurant.

Why the caution to pray calmly? Are tears not allowed? Are they yelling?

Q18. What are some points that brothers should keep in mind when representing a congregation in prayer?

COMMENTS
    meetings--fellow believers (only jws) should be able to say amen? So what wild things are being prayed about

publicly?

DID NOT ITEMIZE NEEDS OR PROBLEMS OF EACH PERSON IN THE AUDIENCE---I'd like to see that...just once

did a brother counsel someone by name from the platform in a prayer.

And parents should not do this either in the family setting.

Q19. How should we comport ourselves during public prayer?

COMMENTS
    Red herring--a group link arms or hold hands during such a prayer....I never saw this but it is linked with this normal

behavior I have seen years at KHs and not been offended.

SOME MARRIAGE MATES MIGHT DISCREETLY HOLD HANDS, BUT IF THEY "EMBRACED"(quotes and caps

mine) EACH OTHER DURING PUBLIC PRAYER....MIGHT BE STUMBLED.

I read this over and over and realized that there was nothing wrong with hand holding but I read that comments were

made at WT studies saying that it is wrong. That means that the PO, secretary, and 3 other couples have their hands at

their side now like in the picture on page 6.

distract, shock, stumble?

PRAY FOR WHAT?

Q20. How would you explain Romans 8:26,27?

COMMENTS
    Use prayers in the Bible as an example of what to pray for?

Q21. What will we examine in the next article?

CONCLUDING COMMENTSNext week, "Enrich Your Prayers Through Bible Study."

I get the feeling that the WTS is trying to improve the public prayers. I always got the feeling the the elders who prayed

at the conventions, got a script from the WTS what to pray for. Why not do that at the KH....hand out a scripted prayer?

Love Blondie

• sherah
    sherah

Blondie,

I've been lurking for along time and I appreciate your efforts in preparing the comments every week esp since you are not always feeling well. For now, I have to keep up with this crap. Thanks so much.

Unfornately, I had to attend the mtg today. It seemed to me that the WT is implying that if we are praying for anything other than the preaching work or the santification of god's name, our motives are questionable and self-centered. Also, if you commit a serious sin, praying to god is not enough. You must confess to the elders.

Wives can pray for their husbands to get a position but they have to work in harmony with their prayers...barf! Slacker JW men watch out!

Although it's not expressly stated, it's implied that it's not cool to pray for "worldly" folk. The majority congregation commented on this.

When the paragraphs on holding hands were covered, ALL of the elderettes commented that it was ok for couples to hold hands discreetly but the minions better keep there hands to themselves. It was funny, the best part of the lesson!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Why not do that at the KH....hand out a scripted prayer?
    Love Blondie

True enough,everthing else is scripted..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

I was intending to go to this one, but forgot it was this week - I'm not too disappointed though!!! I just wanted see if anyone still cuddled during prayer. Our COBE always had his arm around the waist of his missus - I moght go on Tuesday, if I can be bothered.

Blondie THANK YOU for putting this together.

• changeling
    changeling

Just heard from someone still in that their PO (or whatever they call him now), commented that "discreetly" means: w/o being seen.

Just how nit-picky and pharisaical is this religion going to get before people wake up and see it for the sham that it is?

• jacquicortez
    jacquicortez

thats sad...really sad. You have to hide holding hands with your spouse. I'm trying to figure out the purpose of this...there is something behind this.

this isnt about holding hands or control. I think they come up with this stuff to distract the rank and file. give them something to talk about.

the poor sisters that do get affection from their husbands will be worried. The ones who don't will be the police. it's a distraction something to keep them from being aware of whats really going on.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for the comments Blondie.

My wife and I are waiting for the EP (Embrace Police) to issue us a citation.

om

• penny2
    penny2

One of the last times I went to the KH, the prayer was about to start and an old "sister" grabbed hold of my hand. I realized I was in a row where everyone was holding hands. I didn't like it. Am I the only one who feels like this?

• nugget
    nugget

Thank you blondie for taking the time to review this material. Your comments show that the organisation is drifting further into the land of nit picking. It's almost as if they haven't any big end of the world news to keep the R&F interested so are filling the space with rules and control to keep members in line. They are modern day pharasees where is the love?

• inbetween
    inbetween

penny2: personally i dont like this group hand holding either, but thats my personal opinion, if I dont like it, i dont do it !! No need to make a rule out of it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit