Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-03-10 WT Study (YOUR PRAYERS)

by blondie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Weird WT article today, and that is just what the dubby family said!

"What do your prayers say about you?", the "purpose of article box" said that it would "Help you to analyze the nature of your prayers" - article said it was not about a set of words, so I suppose it was meant to make the readers realise if they only prayed about themselves, they were only concerned with themselves...Personally I never got into regular prayers anyway so........?

P 1] Even if millions of Jehovah's Witnesses were to pray to God at the same time, not one would get a 'busy' signal"

That betrays that they discount the prayers of all the millions of other people as being worthless and disconnected....Arrogant Pharisees that they are ! There are many Bible examples of non members of the Christian congregation having prayers heard by God, but they seem to think that they have the handle on God listening only to them..

P10 Said to pray for the ones in the cong that we do not like, then we might get to feel warmer towards them ! Are they admitting disharmony on the ranks?

P 16 annoyed the female dubs of my close family..Sisters encouraged to pray for their husbands to become m/s or elders.(for themselves to be elderettes)..Are they really that short of men to serve? It was the not so subtle dig at the wives "speech and conduct" that irked the older sister who grumbled.

P19..Oh Boy ! this was the pits...Counsel not to cuddle during the prayers . Of course I have seen this . I think "inbetween" said it best in the post above. Making rules is not a good idea , respectable marrieds only, may hold hands - discreetly, Is this all that they have to talk about?

I know one thing, we have a more lively discussion here than ever they did at the K Hall yesterday....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Prayer has been one great big waste of time for me. You are supposed to pray for Jehovah's name to be sanctified, Jehovah's Tyranny to come, and Jehovah's nefarious will to take place--assigning the highest values to these articles. That way, if that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag doesn't get below this, "it doesn't matter since the most important things were taken care of".

Now, why would Jehovah need my prayer to do these things for Himself? He is going to do it, whether we like it or not. Hence, it is a complete waste of time to pray for these things. Yet, that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag takes credit when our hard work produces "our daily bread"--and then some (and He holds it back from producing even more). You are supposed to pray to Jehovah to not be led into temptation? Forgiveness of "sins" only as we forgive others? Suppose that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag simply minded His own business (right in His own Bible--1Thess 4:11) instead of worrying about us committing fornication, "idolatry", and the like?

Of course, that would also eliminate the "need" for the ransom in the first place.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks Blondie, as always your efforts are very appreciated!

I have not been on here in a few weeks, what is most amazing to me is one does not need to sensationalize what is written, one just needs to read it and really think about what it says.

You just can not make this stuff up!

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

Blondie

We were travelling, so "missed" the watchtower study this week - thank you as ever for this.

What is funny though, this week at our school/service meeting, my wife and I noticed there was no one "embracing" during the prayer, except for us and a couple just moved in from Bethel.

A friend of ours who was sat at the back noticed we were "embracing" in the prayer (she has a newborn so keeps her eyes open) and I had the following interchange

"good on you...just wait until someone comes up to you about it though".

Apparently, in the last song/prayer on sunday herself and her husband had their arms around each other, and the COBE came up to them and asked them if they had been listening to the WT.

At the meeting, they carried on just as normal :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit