Circuit Overseer said from platform ,if you have ever done something and not confessed to Elders...going to die!!

by Lady Liberty 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LadyL,

I betcha he used a bunch of OT scriptures to scare them shit-less(because that is where Jehovah is the meanest unforgiving bastard).

• Farkel
    Farkel

Dang. I would have loved to be at that meeting when the CO made that announcement. I would have raised my hand, stood up and said, "Brother CO, I have a confession to make right now in front of everyone. I boinked your wife and so did half the brothers in this Circuit."

Heh, heh.

Farkel

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What is especially amazing to me about this is that the WTB&TS has also said that if an elder is guilty of wrongdoing (like pedophilia) and manages to keep it covered up for seven years or so, it is PROOF of Jeho-ho-ho-vah's blessing on him!

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

LOL Farkel

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

LOL Farkel. You are one funny sob [a nice sort of sob you know.].

Jeff

• mouthy
    mouthy

Farkel what does that mean ??>>>>>I boinked your wife and so did half the brothers in this Circuit."
    I am too innocent to know what it is

• Mary
    Mary
    Farkel what does that mean ??>>>>>I boinked your wife and so did half the brothers in this Circuit." I am too innocent to know what it is

Um....it means he shagged her Grace.....and so did half the brothers in the Circuit.

I always figured if they were going to DF me, I'd stand up and cry out: "You told me if I slept with you that you wouldn't disfellowship me!" and run out.

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

I'm not surprised.

Sounds rather like another religion, one that the WTS has condemned time and again, oh, yeah, the Catholic Church, with their need to have a priest intercede for forgiveness.

Yes! The elders say that only Jehovah can forgive sins and only then if you are repentant. Of course, the investigations and judicial committees are needed to see if you are repentant and determine whether or not Jehovah has forgiven you. This hardly seems like much of a difference to me.

• flipper
    flipper

LADY LIBERTY- Once again the old cult tactic of intimidation through " fear " and " guilt " strikes again ! The elders and C.O.'s are experts at using these methods to whip JW people into conforming. If only the witnesses realized they don't need to confess anything. This Armageddon junk is all an illusion pushed by the WTsociety to keep them locked in the cult

• yesidid
    yesidid

I always figured if they were going to DF me, I'd stand up and cry out: "You told me if I slept with you that you wouldn't disfellowship me!" and run out.

Oh Mary that is soooooooooooooo good.

There is a self righteous elder I would love to say that to.

y

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit