Anniversary of our being egged by JWS, decide to show you all the letter we sent to 200 JW families!!! Enjoy!!

by Lady Liberty 46 Replies latest jw friends

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

wow....I never even once considered the discrepancy of the 607 teaching...this is really eye opening!!

I actually just recently purchased a book off amazon by the WTBTS called Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose from 1959. I'm only like...the first chapter into it and I have SO MANY THINGS I want to look up now! The thing that sucks is that I'm a lazy person and hate history and now I'm finding that my brain is almost to the breaking point of where I HAVE to now do research on biblical/historical matters because of all the friggin LIES I was raised with. I feel like there's not enough time to read all the things I need to read!!!!

thanks for bringin this thread back!

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Lady Liberty,

Fantastic, awesome and ground breaking research work on 607. Thank you very much. Please, let me add. in the 90's when I was studying the bible with a missionary JW, I recall asking him this question or 607 destruction date of Jerusalem. He however pointed out that many worldly source including the Brittanicca Encyclopedia (EB) points to that source.

I did not have a copy of EB. By the way, what does the EB say about it? It also come to my attention yesterday (04/01/2010) while reading Randy Walter's story at Freeminds.org. Randy recounts the sad experiences during Bethel days in NY state in which several Bethelites were disfellowshipped for questioning the anthenticity of 607 year date.

The sad thing is that, many people from developing countries lacks internet access and expensive research books are in scarce supply. As a result,the WTBS has taken overwhelming advantage of people's limited knowledge of world events to indoctrinate them. Iam afraid, its going to be very difficult to stop them. Anyway, the 607 year was not a factor of my leaving the WTS. There are other issues such as gossiping, backbitting, illegal court-unapproved surveillance and round the hour stalking and control of one's life and freedom of choice to mention just a few.

Again, LL, great job.

Scott77

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Lady Liberty, thanks for your reply. I've been struggling with the best way to approach my brother & one close girlfriend. They still associate with me and I'm trying to walk the line between waking them up and scaring them off with my apsotasy. You've given me a lot to think about. Every day I am astounded by the power of this cult on it's followers.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Any faithful witless will stop reading the moment they realise this is from a FORMER dub.

Only those already doubting will read much more.

Good effort though, and the information is well presented and argued.

HB

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

BTTT for newbies..

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done on the research Lady L ...the awful part is knowing how painful it was for you to be treated so badly...from a personal perspective if I'd had that letter from you I would have been able to detect the sincerity within it for sure.....

I really look forward to seeing any other research you've done - thank you.

Loz x

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Lozhasleft,

Thank you! Your so kind.

I have posted alot of research..just click on my name, and go to topics started and scroll down till you see something interesting.

SIncerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit