Who's the best JWN liar? I'll start -- "we shun you cuz we love you"

by Fatfreek 34 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

"I am not lying!"

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Reading the Awake is the equivalent to a college education.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

"The NWT is the most accurate bible translation ever. Saw that on Jeopardy."

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

We never said "the generation" who saw 1914 was literal.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

"It would be wrong to make someone choose their religious beliefs over their family"

• dissed
    dissed

"There is nothing wrong with a person who questions their beliefs"

"Jehovah will provide"

"The only person who can stumble you is you"

After someone has left the WTS, being a faithful JW for over 26 years.......

"They were not real JW's, they were faking it for (fill in the blank)"

• watson
    watson

"The light keeps getting brighter."

• Oceanblue
    Oceanblue

We take 1 Thes. 4:11 seriously and always mind our own business concerning personal matters, since everyone has the freedom to do what their conscience allows them.

• xmkx
    xmkx

I don't really have anything to add to this thread, but I do want to thank you. For some reason this thread opened my eyes to something I had been in denial about for a while - my own behavior as a JW. Even though I had admitted to myself that I had doubts through out my "career" as a JW, I never had really admitted to myself that I actually did buy in to a lot of their lies, even the ones that bothered my conscience. I can understand why now... I couldn't deal with the guilt of thinking of myself spreading and enforcing such lies to others. I shouldn't feel guilty for it - it's not like I knew any better or even had the chance to know any better at the time - but I still do because I was raised with the ideal that I have the responsibility to KNOW the truth and SHARE it with others and SAVE them. I never have confronted much less realized that I held such a belief so deeply until now.

Beyond that I'm pretty confused from all the cognitive dissonance from these realizations right now so I can't really comment further on them, but you all do deserve a huge THANK YOU for helping to open my eyes to this.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Some people read too much into the literature and expected events to happen by a certain date.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit