Does the WTS smell the blood in the water?

by djmac1031 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

leavingWT,

:There are more JWs now than ever before.

But I think that could be a misleading assumption. When I was a JW, they didn't have nearly the members they have now, but in my experience most JWs WERE JWs, not "posers."

I think it would be very revealing to know how many people who claim to be JWs are really loyal believers, instead of frightened, beaten-down little sheep, who want out, but feel they have too much to lose if they get out.

The only way to know for sure is if the WTS dropped shunning. I'd bet a cup of coffee there would be a mass JW exodus that would make the one from Egypt (the one in the Bible that never happened, by the way) look like a trickle out of a faucet.

Farkel

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Pretty much all religions propagate bullshit the only difference with the JWS is they commercialized theirs,

with use of a publishing company they owned.

• Heaven
    Heaven

"This Good news MUST be preached through out the entire earth and THEN The End will come" (IE JW's have to preach to EVERYONE, the more hours you put in = the better Witness you are)

Just as an aside here... it is mathematically impossible for JWs to preach to EVERYONE on the face of the Earth. In addition, they don't preach to Muslims in certain countries such as Morocco (see"In Search of Christian Freedom" pg 528).

Therefore, JWs will NEVER reach their goal of preaching to every single person. It's just one more lie they use to attract and hold people. Once discovered, it's ammunition against them. They need to stop lying.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Farkel,

I think it would be very revealing to know how many people who claim to be JWs are really loyal believers, instead of frightened, beaten-down little sheep, who want out, but feel they have too much to lose if they get out.
    The only way to know for sure is if the WTS dropped shunning. I'd bet a cup of coffee there would be a mass JW exodus that would make the one from Egypt (the one in the Bible that never happened, by the way) look like a trickle out of a faucet.

You've raised some excellent points. You may even be right.

Before I join in proclaiming WT dead, however, I'll wait for the actual numbers to drop. In my book, anyone with a Suicide Card in their wallet is a "loyal" JW. They have placed their very life on the line for this publishing company.

Even if you're inactive or only get 1 hour per month in Field Cirucs, if you carry that Suicide Card, how could I not call you a True Believer?

If they were to truly drop shunning, I think they'd lose about 30% of their membership. Some of the remaining ones would still shun.

-LWT

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

Well if they inforce having a DPA card they will lose alot more. from what I gather it's a replacement for the blood card..and pretty much gives the elders the ability to make decisions for you. whether your able to make descisions or not. Not sure how true that is, I haven't gotten my hands on one. anyone have one they can post or send me a scan of it so I can read it?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They want to get rid of the blood thing, just on their own timeline. Remember the annual blood part every year, where everyone signed their new card? Gone for years now...now many are carrying around 10 year old cards. The HLC is there to make sure you know you can take fractions...they don't want any huge dollar lawsuits, but they still want to say "We don't take blood" Its about money first, then if you get a little religion along with it, thats fine.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When I was a JW, they didn't have nearly the members they have now,
    but in my experience most JWs WERE JWs, not "posers.".....Farkel

Back in the day,JW`s were Frigg`n Soldier`s!..

(Yea,I`m talk`n bout Dubs like you Farkel..LOL!!)

They let you know who they were and could take the heat..

Now they`re afraid to tell you who they are,when they come to your door..

Pathetic..

It` no wonder older exDubs like "Farkel" don`t take todays JW`s Seriously..

They just don`t measure up..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• moshe
    moshe

Eliminate shunning, drop the false WT blood dogma, drop the 144,000 number- a heavenly calling is a personal decision now, drop the 1914 generation, drop the anointed remnant, drop all field service requirenments and guess what happens. Yes, a mass KH exodus will occur and then WT society sells off all those empty KH's- and cashes in big time.

• In
    In

Could someone explain the 2014 references? Why 2014???

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

There's a lack of "concentrated" JW. I would say the quality of faith is not there. In my generation esp, there has always been a certain shoulder shrugging wink toward all of the hysterics. The focus isn't on the end of the world, its about taking care of the brotherhood and building faith.

This also is nothing more then Governing Body 2.0 showing off its own personality. All elder bodies have personalities, even the GB.

Even though the asses inhabiting the seats changed, until Losch and all appointments in the 90's and on, it has been about the Knorr days. Jaracz's halcyon days are a fading memory. Sort of like the 1925 prophecy, their latest smelly embarrasing period of time that will be referenced as much in future WT's as the Koran.

You see, all these changes tell me (and this must hurt for those who were JW's in the 60's and 70's) but these snot nose new GB 2.0 members do not believe the old GB traditions. They can call it new light, or whatever ass headed thing they want to call it, but the bottom line is, they disrespect every member from the 60's-80's by basically saying "Oh meetings? Not as much. Hours spent in FS? Not as many. Yeah, we made it seem like life and death back then, but you know what? We think the old GB were pricks too. We just have the power to change it, as far as we legally can. Enjoy your blood fractions."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit