Does the WTS smell the blood in the water?

by djmac1031 20 Replies latest jw friends

• djmac1031
    djmac1031

Im sure Im not the ONLY former JW here who is noticing the subtle, and not so subtle changes in WTS policy, and their attempts to make life EASIER for their rank n file.

Combining the Book Study Meeting with the Service Meeting / Ministry School Meeting and giving their members a "night off" so to speak (although they are of course encouraged to use this night as an evening of "Family & Personal Bible Study") is surely a sign that they understand their current R&F members can only take so much more of the WTS complete control over every waking hour of their lives.

They have also shortened the Public talks, cut down on the length of assembly days...I remember the 8 or 9 day assemblies as a kid myself, and over the years they have gotten shorter...a week...4 days...now generally no longer than 3 days.

There have also been adjustments to the amount of hours needed to be a "Pioneer" or "Auxilary Pioneer."

WHY would the WTS make these adjustments after YEARS, DECADES of teaching the R&F "Not to forsake the gathering of ourselves together" (IE make EVERY Meeting, associate ONLY with JW's) and that "This Good news MUST be preached through out the entire earth and THEN The End will come" (IE JW's have to preach to EVERYONE, the more hours you put in = the better Witness you are) unless they WTS is smelling blood in the water and fearing mass dissention among the R&F, and are making last ditch efforts to try and EASE UP before the mass exodus of the R&F begins.

Then of course we also see the change of policy on Blood and how they have gone from a strict "NO Blood or any variation thereof" to "No Blood...but use of any and all FRACTIONS of blood, in any combination, is a PERSONAL decision."

I expect to see a LOT more of these changes in policy over the next few years, especially as we get closer and closer to 2014 and the complete exposure of their interpretation of "This Generation" as a laughing matter.

• dinah
    dinah

They'll dance around the "generation" thing. I've noticed from reading here, that is why alot of peopole left.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They are in no way mainstream if they continue the practice of extreme shunning.

• journey-on
    journey-on

People are getting tired of the hype and wiser everyday because of easier access to information via the internet. It's just a matter of time till it all comes crumbling down around them. Their constant fear-mongering tactics and shunning practice dividing families will eventually come back to bite them in the behind. IMO, I see a huge mass exodus after 2014.

• djmac1031
    djmac1031

"They are in no way mainstream if they continue the practice of extreme shunning"

Oh I never said they were going MAINSTREAM lol....but its obvious to me that they ARE making attempts to ease up on the R&F just enough to hopefully keep them in line.

The WTS will soon be between the proverbial rock and hard place: By their own admition they can NOT simply CHANGE their teachings since this would be seen as an admition of failure on their part to corectly interpret "Gods Word" but at the same point if they do NOT change their teachings they soon run the risk of being exposed as the complete "false prophets" they are as every years slips by without their "prophesies" coming TRUE.

so yeah...."they dance" around the real issues, and make "new light" announcements and adjustments....how long they have until even THIS is not enough will be interesting to see....

• Farkel
    Farkel

:WHY would the WTS make these adjustments...

You can't make money when your stockholders are fleeing like cockroaches when the lights are turned on, so you make life a little easier for the cockroaches and dim the light a little.

It's called "Corporate fiscal responsibility."

Farkel

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I look at is trying to mainstream without mainstreaming. Like LWT said, shunning is what really makes them look bad. But they have practiced it now for more than 50 years. Same with the blood issue, though that is on its last legs with the illogical fraction mess they created.

They are trying to make it look like an easier religion to live by throwing a few bread crumbs to the R&F. If it were like the old days with one guy in charge, I'm sure drastic changes would have already hit. But with this GB arrangement, 2/3 voting to make something change its just like molasses.

But as many have already stated, in the end its just a re-arranging of the chairs on the Titanic.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think its getting to be more of a challenge for them to hold onto a measure of viability.

The past doctrines are sticking to them unwillingly, a good portion of the flock can still remember

what was taught to them previously and its making the long timers very restless indeed.

It seems they're caught in a position to not know where to spin the new doctrines of light that they are

going to have make in a very short time.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

There are more JWs now than ever before.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The GB may not admit it verbally that their doom as an organization in the future is a very real possibility, but subconsciously they will act it out in the decisions they make. To see their stand on the lenghts they will go to see that the rank and file shun former beleivers betrays that doom is in the subconscious and they see no way out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit