JW therapist????

by maninthemiddle 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

It is good to check the qualifications of any health professional, especially doctors, psychiatrists. therapists....

Even if a jw were well qualified medically, we know that your right to confidentiality would be preceded by "loyalty" to the elders. That would be the same situation were we hiring a lawyer. Your confidential would be at great risk. The wrong assumption many ignorant jws make is that the elder system is one based on confidentiality. We have seen too the the WTS written policy is that jws in the health profession must reveal things to the elders and be willing to suffer the legal consequences.

Even as a jw, I never hired a jw for anything, loaned them money.

Every elder body has one elder who can't keep his mouth shut, telling either his wife or an elder from the nearby congregation (who then tells his wife).

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

There used to be one in Connecticut; I saw him briefly as a teenager. It was awful. It was like going to a backroom meeting with an elder (which he was) every week to correct you on the errors of your ways, except now you got to plunk down a $20 co-pay each time for the pleasure of it. And yes, he was trained through a regular Master's program and fully licensed and certified. But what Witness would ever be brave enough to report him?

He died a few years ago of cancer. Thankfully, I don't believe anyone has replaced him around here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit