Is There Any TV Show That You Wished Was Still On?

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Everwood, it was my favorite show of all time. I got so involved with the characters and it was about the father/son relationship and other family dynamics. It had depth and got quite emotional. It lasted four seasons and I am embarrassed to admit, I cried during the series finale.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

John Doe, Scrubs is still on. It's on ABC now.

I miss Friends, Cheers, Wings, Seinfeld and every other Thursday show I saw when skipping a Thursday night meeting.

and don't forget

GREATEST AMERICAN HERO

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Twin Peaks

• changeling
    changeling

ER, Friends

Dexter is on hiatus and I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!! Same for Lost.

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

Elsewhere..............COSMOS???????

You're my bro now.

My most prized possession.............A mint condition Large hardback edition of Cosmos (Now out of print)

bought in NYC at an old bookstore for $10

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Oh yes MASH, MASH and MASH

Truly great show minimus

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I liked the entertaining variety shows like Ed Sullivan, Carol Burnett, Dean Martin and similar ones .

The reason being that its good wholesome entertainment for the whole family,

something you wouldn't mind the kids watching and can be source of entertainment for the seniors as well.

There is far too much violence based TV on air now days. Never did like murder and cop shows or the ever

popular lets do an autopsy shows. I grew up on the 60's shows like Get Smart, Bewitched, Gilligan's Island

Carol Burnett , The Monkees etc. just simple light hearted fun.

The TV industry back in the 50's and 60's were indirectly working with the TV manufacturing industry to

get people to buy televisions, so the programs were built on that foresighted premise.

Televisions were expensive products to purchase for most consumers, so

televisions and the programs were marketed to adults. Today most of the marketing is directed to teens and

young adults and they're made mostly for their commercial or Shock Value appeal rather than an endeavor to entertain the viewer.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Raines and Picking Daisies

• knock knock
    knock knock

Guess I'm the only one that remembers "The Night Gallery" (Earwigs anyone?).

Seinfeld

---- I've bought dvd's of shows on when I was a kid and usually they are not as good as remembered.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Seinfeld, Sopranos, NYPD Blue, Thirty-something and The partridge Family (it's the 10 year old in me) ! NMKA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit