Is There Any TV Show That You Wished Was Still On?

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

JAG, Firefly, Bob Newhart, Laugh In, Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, to name a few. I especially miss JAG, but NCIS gives me a good fix, too!

Farkel

• zoiks
    zoiks

Arrested Development

• minimus
    minimus

The Dean Martin Show The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson Mr. Ed

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

The UK show - Midsomer Murders (It used to play here, now it is only in Britain)

• journey-on
    journey-on

Dallas

Mork and Mindy

All in the Family (in today's political environment, "Meathead" and Archie would have a field day!)

Boston Legal

• minimus
    minimus

Showtime had a show in the 80s called Brothers. It was excellent!

Naked News was great too.

The Three Stooges are classic.

• undercover
    undercover

Oh I could name a few, I'm sure, but it's been my experience that most shows start to lose something after 4 or 5 seasons.

I loved the first 3 seasons of MASH, I continued to like the next couple of seasons but it kept 'jumping the shark' yet surviving though it was nothing like the original few seasons.

Shows that I fondly look back on were shows whose runs were cut short. The original Star Trek and one of my all time favorite sitcoms, WKRP in Cincinnati are two that come to mind right off. But had those shows survived they may not have enjoyed as much 'cult status' had they gone for several more seasons only to lose core cast members or writers.

edited to add: two HBO shows whose runs were cut short that I really liked and wished they could have continued: Deadwood and Carnivale

• John Doe
    John Doe

I liked Scrubs.

• John Doe
    John Doe

And Futurama.

• minimus
    minimus

Car 54 Where Are You?

The Beverly Hillbillies

Leave It To Beaver

Share this