Then What?

by tjlibre 16 Replies latest jw friends

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

After knowing what I now know about the WT and the GB. Now that I can see the real spirit behind this organization, now that I have convinced my self that I don’t need this religion or any other organized group to have a personal relationship with God and His Son… I wonder, what’s next? Should I stay as part of the “conscious class”, a less committed JW for the sake of my marriage and emotional stability? Or drop it all and face the consequences? If I just walk out and take the risk….will the aftermath be worth it? Could I continue living a lie for the next 50 years or until the day I die?

Just the thoughts in my head this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZBPu7jJbJU

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((TJLibre)))))))

Sylvia

• zoiks
    zoiks

Do not stop learning and growing as an individual. Allow your conscience and thinking abilities time to flourish outside of the JW mindset for a while. Be patient, and be very very deliberate.

That's all I've got!

• nugget
    nugget

No one can tell you for certain as everyone's circumstances are different. I appreciate the dilema it is the same as my own. I find the meetings a problem since once you are alert to control it is hard to be a passive observer.

My thoughts are with you.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The beauty of liberty is that you can do WHATEVER the heck you want to do.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Awesome song -thanks for posting -takes my back to my youth.

As for the answer - only you can answer that.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I hear you. I'm sort of in the same spot in that I see that JWs aren't even close to the truth, yet leaving would create such heartache and pain that it doesn't seem worth it. I'm hopeful that one day my wife will come to the same conclusion because I'm not leaving without her.

TJL, the one piece of advice I'll offer is that you don't have any specific time pressure so don't do or say anyting rash. Learning that your belief system was misguided can be tramuatic. I recall a sick feeling coming over me when I was forced to admit JWs don't have the truth and never did. It's very similar to the grieving process and from first hand experience, I went through all the steps.

This board has been a fantastic plan to vent frustrations so continue posting. It will get better.

• changeling
    changeling

The choice is yours and only you can make it.

Me: I'm a "band-aid ripper". I like to face the pain up front and let the chips fall where they may. I find that the dust always settles after a storm and then I can see my way to a new state of "normal".

I prefer this approach to being in a constant state of "what if" and imagining scenarios of disaster that may or may not materialize.

But...many are not like me and they make the day to day undercover status work for them.

Only you know what your situation is and only you can determine what is most comfortable and tolerable for you and those you love. :)

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Could I continue living a lie for the next 50 years or until the day I die?

For me - No. Your mileage may vary.

• sspo
    sspo

Once you know the "truth about the truth" there is no way you're going to stick around another 50 years.

That's a long time, you're going to lose your mind sitting at the KH listening to lies and having to fake your faith.

I lasted 2 years and then hell broke loose.

Consequences: lost my marriage of 26 years and a daughter that will not speak to me anymore!

Blessings: not living in fantasy land anymore!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit