Then What?

by tjlibre 16 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

I personally think some people are capable of living a double life perfectly happy. It's like a job you dislike but the money and benefits are fantastic. Some people can keep a job like this for decades in order to provide a good lifestyle for their family. They go and do their 8 hrs. then go home and turn it off and enjoy the other parts of their life.

Is it dishonest? No. You can find a place of just the right amount of mediocrity to be okay with it. Keep your comments and activity benign and low-level. If you're not seeking an extreme lifestyle of debauchery, you should be okay.

After all, how many hubbies suffer through the opera, symphonies, and the ballet with grace and smiles because their wives love it! I'm sure others will disagree with this, but it's just my opinion. But, like changeling said, only you can determine your level of endurance.

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Thank you all for your comments. Again and again we have to be thankful that at least we have this virtual place to vent.

Some days are better than others. Sometimes I think that I could continue, sometimes I feel that I can’t take the insults to my intelligence any longer.

One thing I’m learning is that patience and self-control are the two most important qualities that I’ll need to develop in this crossroad. It’s comforting to see that I’m not alone on this walk, that there are many others like me, “captives of the tower” (no pun intended, ).

I hope that one day the opportunity arises to be agents of real change in the JW religion (I’m not comfortable yet calling it a cult). I whish for the day whent the honest God loving people in the KH stand up and say no more, no more to the corporation, no more to the GB getting in the way of our relationship with God and His Son, no more lies, no more control, no more toil; more real love (unconditional) more mercy, more grace. Let us be united and drawn together on conviction and not on conformity. But that’s all wishful thinking.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I hope that one day the opportunity arises to be agents of real change in the JW religion (I’m not comfortable yet calling it a cult). I whish for the day whent the honest God loving people in the KH stand up and say no more, no more to the corporation, no more to the GB getting in the way of our relationship with God and His Son, no more lies, no more control, no more toil; more real love (unconditional) more mercy, more grace. Let us be united and drawn together on conviction and not on conformity. But that’s all wishful thinking.

What a beautiful, poetic perspective!

I don't see it as wishful thinking.

http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults2.php?passage1=Ezekiel+34&book_id=33&version1=65&tp=48&c=34

Sylvia

• yknot
    yknot

Leaving isn't always like ripping the proverbial band-aid......

Why not treat it as road construction......where you have to acquire the land, clear, survey, engineer designs, seek permis purchase material, hire labor & equipment ....etc....

Start by planting a few seeds........""gee honey that is odd, look at this WT article in the Feb 15.... It says "may"... I am pretty sure it was 'will'. I know I will 'google it'...... wow honey look here I found the book on a site call archive, hmmm it isn't an apostate site either....and it appears to have a pretty complete library too.....Jehovah provision!"

Download book....show actual title

http://www.archive.org/details/WatchTowerBibleandTractSocietyofPennsylvaniaWatchTowerpubs_0

or..... go on google books

http://books.google.com/books?q=millions%20now%20living%20will%20never%20die&oq=Millions%20now%20living%20will%20ne&as_brr=1

use this 'in' as reason to read the book, and show her......than move on to the harp of god...with her of course

You will just be following the WTS lead ......it was they who have been pushing all this old pub references in the last two years.......

Don't discount marriage counseling either......it can help keep yall together, or help yall transition away from each other with less hurt and bitterness that might make her want to run to the Elders

• pat1060
    pat1060

You mentioned the growing number of conscious class.I look around my hall at the different faces and I wonder how many are there.Is it so bad to try and last for the sake of emotional stability?Only you know the answer.Maybe you would feel better with less to do in the meetings.Maybe back off a little.There are more of us then we know.....

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

You know your family and spouse better than us and you know what you can take from the BORG. As for me, sitting in front of the TV vs at the meetings was a toss up. Hence I will go with my spouse to the Memorial and some of the assemblies. But not going in the field ministry is a real blessing. After all, it is extremely hard to tell others about the JW message and not believe it for oneself.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

IMO, your answer should depend upon whether or not you have kids, because its their future you're deciding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit