I when back into my jw mindset today

by doublelife 15 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

It is so liberating to to be able to say words like Lucky, Bless you, Cheers, Merry christmas and of course that classic.......................F*Ck You A**h*le !

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I say your so beautiful

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Haha My fiance always says Bless you for me after he sneezes and I'm like I'm sorry it just to weird for me because of my old religion.

He says so God's going to kill you for saying Bless you... it's just polite. And I said... yeah I know it's still weird.

Geez why can't I get over the stupid little stuff.

• moshe
    moshe

When someone sneezes, I prefer, Gesundheit- Yiddish or German for, "good health".

• undercover
    undercover

I've always said 'thank you' when someone said 'bless you' after I sneezed but I have never said 'bless you' or 'gesundheit' or anything else when someone else sneezes. Silly superstitious custom that I've never cared for.

• Chalam
    Chalam

The WT teach not to bless, even though the word appears around 400 times in the bible!

It is a clear mandate for believers in Christ to bless, even in the face of adversity

1 Peter 3:9 (English Standard Version)

9 Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit