I when back into my jw mindset today

by doublelife 15 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

But only for a second. I sneezed at work and one of my customers said "Bless you." I wrote down a list of goals I want to accomplish and saying "Thank you" when someone tells me "Bless you" is on the list. But I just couldn't do it. I froze and quickly censored myself and said "Excuse me" instead. It's so frustrating.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Next on the list: Say "Bless You" when someone sneezes. It's not superstitious. It's kindly manners.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I like "excuse me" better.

Bless you conjures up images of Moses slinging blood on people.

That's what blessing is, you know.

(exodus 24) 8 And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant,

This act of sprinkling blood was called bleodsian in Old English and the terminology was borrowed by the Catholic Church becoming to bless and blessing.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Were we not supposed to say 'thank you'? I always have, its the polite thing to do if somepne "blesses" you when sneezing. However, I have no plans of ever saying 'bless you' after someone sneezes and it has nothing to do with having been a JW...it just doesn't make sense to me.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Don't sweat the small stuff.

• LucyA
    LucyA

I don't say Bless you either it's sound's stupid. Just hand them a tissue.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I like saying "Gesundhiet".

• Aboganster
    Aboganster

Say salud!

• wobble
    wobble

I was in an office the other day, and a girl sneezed five times on the trot, so I said five " bless you's "

I know it is silly and I know the origin as invented by the WT, but it is so liberating to do what I damn well like, even if it is silly, anyway all the other girls in the office. had a laugh.

Happy New Year !

Love

Wobble

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

The woman next to me at work sometimes sneezes like 4-5 times in a row. I say...Bless you everytime. ...well a few times, I said. I'm only saying this once...so make it stick.

I usually say, thank you, or excuse me..I guess depending on how much snot was involved. J/K

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit